A long dog with long ears - what is this breed?
A long dog with long ears and a comical gait will not leave anyone indifferent. Such a dog evokes tenderness and a desire to squeeze it.
Attractive appearance sometimes becomescause that people want a long dog with long ears to appear in their house. Let's get acquainted more closely with the breeds, whose representatives are such dogs.
Dachshund is a beautiful agile dog
This little dog is very common in urban apartments. In size, it is small, the maximum weight is nine kilograms. There are three varieties of fees:
By the form of wool are: longhaired dachshunds, smooth-haired and woolly.
Paws of representatives of the breed are short, crooked. The muzzle is elongated, the tail is thin, at the base it is quite strong.
This long dog is very devoted to the owner. The breed is bred as hunting, its representatives have a high level of intelligence.
By nature they are gambling, playful, friendly.
Problems with fees
- Unfortunately, because of their anatomicalFeatures of the dachshund often gets into unpleasant situations. These dogs are often knocked down by cars. Such dogs are simply not seen by drivers in the dark because of their small size.
- Short paws are quite unstable when walking, especially when there is ice on the road. If you take statistical data, then the tax is quite high percentage of dislocations.
- More representatives of the breed often suffer from discopathy. This is a hereditary disease.
- If you overfeed your dachshund, she may lose weight. Because of the short paws of this dog will suffer a tender belly skin.
- Sometimes owners face the problem of selectionclothes for the pet in the winter. The reason for this is a non-standard body shape. If you find clothes, it's not a fact that it's perfect. In addition, dachshunds are often dissatisfied with new clothes, they express their indignation by jumping.
Another breed of dog with long ears isbasset hound. Such dogs are also often found on the streets of cities. These dogs have a very sad look that can not be overlooked. The body of the representatives is massive. The eyes are rhomboid, dark. The ears are low set, elastic. The growth at the withers of the representatives is approximately 35 cm. The wool of the bassets is smooth, dense. Colors vary: three-color and two-color.
By nature, the dogs are good-natured and non-conflicting. They are gambling and mobile.
It may seem that the basset hound isclumsy dog, in reality, everything is different. Such a dog is smart and hardy. He is able to make his way through impassable bushes, windbreaks, and also to climb steep slopes.
These dogs are clever, smart and trained, they are easy to train.
Problems with representatives of the breed Basset Hound
Unfortunately, this long dog with long ears due to the structure and shape of the body is susceptible to many diseases.
- Most often, basset hounds suffer from inflammation of long bones (in other words, panosthitis). The disease develops in the period from six months to two years.
- On the body of such dogs there is an excessive amountskin, forming folds. Because of the short legs, the skin on the abdomen is often injured, in addition, it prevents walking. Another trouble is that because of the excess skin on the abdomen the dog has a pocket of fat. This, in turn, can cause the dog to have an inguinal hernia.