Acute cystitis - causes, symptoms and treatment
Acute cystitis is an acute inflammationan infectious nature that affects the walls of the bladder. As a rule, women are most susceptible to this disease (more often from 20 to 40 years). The reason for this is the anatomy of the female urethra, which is wider and shorter than that of men, and is closely located to the anus and vagina.
In the first place among the reasons whythere is acute cystitis, it is worth getting into pathogens (E. coli, chlamydia, viruses, staphylococcus, fungi, mycoplasma or enterobacter) into the bladder.
Factors contributing to the development of acute cystitis
- Diseases in which there is no normal outflow of urine (eg, prostate adenoma).
- Weakening of the immune system, which is not able to cope with the infection (for example, with AIDS).
- Finding a catheter in the bladder for a long time.
- Presence of urolithiasis.
- Diseases associated with increased blood sugar (diabetes mellitus).
Acute cystitis: symptoms
The main and main sign of the occurrence of cystitis is a sharp pain in the process of urination. But other than this symptom, the following may occur:
- There is burning sensation when urinating.
- Urine becomes dark and cloudy due to the presence in it of a large number of white blood cells, red blood cells and various bacteria.
- Pain in the lower back or lower abdomen, which does not subside even after urination and can pass to the perineum and anus.
- In the urine, blood is found.
- Weakness of the whole organism.
- An increase in temperature, which may indicate that the inflammatory process has passed to the kidneys. This symptom is mainly observed in children.
- False urge to urinate every 20-30 minutes.
- Appearance of nausea and even vomiting.
As a rule, acute cystitis with blood is treated at home. Hospitalize only those patients who have non-occuring pain or urinary retention. Absolutely everything, regardless of where they are treated, at the very beginning of the disease is prescribed bed rest. Also, patients should avoid sexual contact until the acute cystitis is completely cured.
Treatment of the disease with the help of medicinalfunds is based on the use of antibiotics, which are usually prescribed before the results of the analysis are obtained, and drugs that are capable of removing the spasms arising in the bladder (for example, drotaverin).
Despite the fact that after the start of treatmenta lot of symptoms of acute cystitis disappears on the second day, you need to take prescribed medications as much as the doctor prescribed. This is necessary to avoid further relapse of the disease.
Patients with acute cystitis should pay attention totheir nutrition. From the diet it is necessary to exclude alcohol, spicy and spicy dishes - in general, all those foods that cause irritation of the stomach and provoke the appearance of constipation. But vegetables, fruits and sour-milk products can be consumed in large quantities, as they prevent relapse of inflammatory diseases. Also, when confirming the diagnosis of "acute cystitis", it is recommended that a warm drink (compote, broth of corn stigmas, cranberry mors), which will facilitate the rapid removal of bacteria from the bladder.