How to test drive a car?
Buying a car is not a cheap pleasure, therefore it is extremely important to choose a model with suitable technical characteristics, convenient controls and a comfortable interior. In order to feel how obedient and maneuverable the car is, car centers offer potential buyers a test drive of a car. As during a test drive to identify the advantages and disadvantages of the iron horse, read our article.
Who needs a test drive?
To buy a car according to the specifications described by the seller and according to its own visual impressions of the interior and the exterior of the cabin is tantamount to buying a cat in a bag.
Experts advise to refrain from purchasing the car until you feel the dynamics of its movement, have not tested the speed of response of the brake system, checked the degree of noise insulation of the cabin and were not convinced of good visibility. All this can be done during a test drive. Therefore, for the driver, he is extremely necessary.
Even if you do not know how to drive a car, do not refuse the offer of the salon to make a test drive. Invite a friend who already has a driving experience, let him experience the ride quality of an iron horse, while you sit in the cabin at this time and appreciate the softness of the suspension and the level of noise.
Test drive carsNeeded by the sellers themselves. Marketers say: it helps a potential buyer to decide on a purchase.
How to pass a test drive cars?
With the order of the test drive should not be. It is enough to call the auto center and coordinate with the manager the date and time when the car will be free. Usually there are no queues for this service, unless, of course, this is not a new model, only recently available for sale.
The rules for a test drive are almost the same in all salons:
- will have to show a passport and driver's license. The first is needed to conclude an agreement, the second is to get behind the wheel;
- will have to sign an agreement that specifies the conditions for a test trip.
Be careful: some auto centers add to this document a clause about the buyer's liability for damage to the car during a test drive.Seeing it, better look for another car dealership. Cars designed for test drive are insured against damage, and the seller does not have the right to demand that you pay for repairs;
- You will be asked for a mobile number. If you give it, you will soon begin to receive advertising SMS. Not to give, too, can not - you simply refuse to service. Therefore, stock up on this case with an additional number, which you can then easily refuse;
- on the road with you will be a representative of the dealership. Before leaving, he should tell about the features of the management of this model, your task is to take care of safety by adjusting the steering wheel and the seat for yourself and adjusting the rear-view mirrors.
You can read more about car testing rules in the video:
Test drive cars lasts from 10 to 40 minutes, depending on the intensity of movement and the presence of traffic jams. Do not expect that they will give you a drive around the city where you want. The route is permanent, approved by the traffic police, and it is forbidden to deviate from it. Therefore, you face a difficult task - in a quarter of an hour to evaluate the driving characteristics of the car and the level of driver comfort.
Usually for test trips use a car with a full "minced meat" (the maximum set of options). Consider this fact if you buy a car in a basic configuration or with a cut-down option, otherwise reality will not meet your expectations.
What should I look for when testing a car?
Totest drive carsit didn’t turn into a regular walk on four wheels, but helped to get an idea about a future purchase, think in advance what questions should be asked by your cabin manager and what to pay attention to while driving.
Experienced drivers advise when testing cars:
- engine and gearbox operation. Feel how the car starts to move, how fast it accelerates and reacts to the gearbox switching. When dealing with automatic transmissions, pay attention to whether there are jolts and jerks during acceleration;
- brake system. Feel how easy the brake pedal responds to pressing, how the brake system is heard and how quickly the vehicle stops;
- controllability. At low speed, check whether the car listens well to the steering wheel, turning it to the left and right.Try changing lanes and feel how maneuverable the car;
- visibility. To protect passengers in the cabin, manufacturers often make the front window pillars tighter, increasing their size. As a result, the visibility deteriorates, and the driver may not notice the pedestrian who has entered the carriageway. Make sure you have a good overview, including the side;
- noise level. If he interferes with communication and listening to music, consider whether you need such a “loud” car.
After completing the test drive cars, summarize your impressions and, after weighing all the pros and cons, decide whether to buy this car. Having acquired a brand new iron horse, do not forget to “drive around” it, read about it in our article “Rules for running in a new engine”.