Blue Diamond tulips are a real garden decoration. Description and features of care
The unusual and bright tulips of Blue Diamondan authentic decoration of any garden area, an indispensable element of landscape design, suitable for creating beautiful bouquets. The difference is not only in their amazing coloration, but also in the large size of terry flowers.
Please see the description of the tulip Blue Diamond:
- It is a herbaceous ornamental plant that has come to us from far-away Holland.
- The size of the bush is up to half a meter.
- Flowers are terry, large, richly lilac, have a large number of delicate petals.
- Appearance flowers of plants are similar to lush pions.
- There are buds on a powerful long leg 30 cm long.
Tulips "Dish Diamond" are ideal forcut. A characteristic feature of the variety is a lush, but one-time flowering, occurring in the second half of May. It lasts about a month, and the plant itself has an average growth rate. Among the advantages is a good indicator of resilience. A variety is used for growing outdoors in regions with moderate climatic conditions. According to frost resistance it belongs to the 4th class.
Tulip Blue Diamond will become a true decorationany infield. To create a beautiful composition of fresh flowers, you can plant bulbs next to the sun-yellow hyacinths. They coincide with the period of flowering, so the flower bed will acquire an exhilarating look. Beautiful look these tulips in combination with bright lilies or peonies, filling the garden with positive energy.
Features of landing
To the grade Blue Diamond pleased with a lush bloom,it is necessary to carefully approach the choice of the place of planting the bulbs. Optimal option - sun-bathed areas, protected from drafts. You can plant the plant on flower beds in the penumbra, but it is very important that the soil is not excessively wet. It is necessary to change the location of plants every 5 years - this is a simple means of preventing fungal and bacterial diseases.
The best soil is neutral or slightly acidic, loamy, necessarily loose.
Optimal time for planting - end of September -the first week of October. The depth for placing the bulbs should be from 15 to 20 cm. Between the plants should leave a free space of at least 20 cm, so that the bushes do not interfere with each other. When planting, fertilize the soil with decaying manure. After planting, the plants are watered with a weak solution of potassium permanganate - this will help prevent the contamination of the bulbs.
Features of care
Blue Diamond tulip differs unpretentiousness in care, but to get a lush and long flowering, you should know a few key rules:
- Due to the fact that the flower is quite large and heavy, with the first buds the plant should be tied up - this will help it not break with wind or rain.
- In the first year, transplanted plants often do not bloom, so do not be surprised if no bud is formed by the middle of May.
- The variety is hygrophilous, so wateringshould be abundant and regular, it is especially important to water the plants well during budding and flowering. But you need to ensure that the liquid does not fall on the leaves, so it is better to use special watering cans.
- After the flowering is completed, it is necessary to continue to provide the bushes with moisture for another two weeks, then reduce the watering.
- After each watering the ground is recommended to loosen,to remove weeds that interfere with the normal development of tulips, taking away useful substances from the soil. Prevent mulching will help to avoid this.
- During the flowering period, wilted flowers should be permanently removed, otherwise the tulip will form seeds, and the number of buds will decrease.
- Fertilizers based on nitrogen and chlorine to these flowering plants are contraindicated, but the introduction of potassium and phosphorus mixtures into the soil can increase the growth rate and prolong flowering.
In general, caring for the variety is quite simple, and if desired, even a beginning gardener will cope with it.
Simple and unpretentious tulips Blue Diamond. Planting and nursing were discussed above, now we will study the features of reproduction. It is not very complicated and will pass without problems, especially among those who have already tried to multiply other bulbs. For this, after waiting for the end of flowering, the bulbs are not excavated, but left in the ground. The next summer, the daughter bulbs are separated from the mother, dried, cleaned until autumn, then planted in the ground.
Tulips Blue Diamond is an excellent choice for those,who wants to admire the bright colors, but do not spend a lot of time organizing care. The variety is unpretentious, while double large flowers of saturated color will become an authentic decoration of any site, park or flower bed.