Breeding rabbits: business and health
About the beneficial properties of rabbit meat are legends. And indeed, in its composition it is simply unique. It is not by chance that many people are interested in breeding rabbits of meat breeds. In this case, there are contraindications to its use.
Who is good for rabbit meat?
Rabbit meat is low in fat. Protein in it is much more than in other types of meat. In addition, it is easily digestible. For comparison: rabbit meat is metabolized by more than 90%, beef - by 60 - 65%. Therefore, rabbit meat is considered a dietary product. The most useful is the meat of a young rabbit, up to three months old.
In terms of vitamins and minerals, rabbit meat is superior to any other. It contains vitamins C, B groups, phosphorus, iron (two times more than in pork), potassium, manganese, fluorine, 19 vital amino acids, including nicotinic acid. As for nitrogenous substances, only the turkey and the hare “overtake” the rabbit. The mineral and vitamin content of rabbit meat is simply unique.
There is even less cholesterol than chicken or turkey, not to mention pork. Therefore, rabbit meat contributes to the prevention of hypertension, atherosclerosis and other cardiovascular diseases.
The product is recommended by nutritionists in the following cases:
- In gastritis, peptic ulcer and other diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
- If kidneys are sick, it is good to eat a rabbit's liver.
- It does not accumulate salts of heavy metals, therefore it is indicated for cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy.
- Rabbit meat is much less allergenic than other types of meat, so it is recommended for people with allergies.
- Regular consumption of rabbit meat improves skin condition.
- It is useful for children, including babies up to a year as a complementary meat, pregnant women, nursing mothers, the elderly, as well as those who are overweight.
- Those who need to normalize the metabolism of fats and proteins in the body. Rabbit fat is valuable in that it contains polyunsaturated fatty acids. In quality, it is higher than lamb, pork, beef.
- With bronchitis.
Why rabbit meat is not good for everyone
You decide to takebreeding rabbits? Consider a few points.
Patients with gout and arthritis can not get involved in rabbit meat, becausethere are purines in it, albeit in small quantities.
In the body, they are converted to uric acid, leading to inflammation of the cartilage tissue. In older people, it can provoke arthritis, and in children - neuro-arthritic diathesis.
There are cases of allergy to rabbit meat in the form of redness, peeling. But these cases are rare. If you are giving rabbit meat to a baby for the first time, carefully follow the reaction of his body.
Interesting facts about rabbit
Note for those interested in breeding rabbits:
- The leader in the production and consumption of rabbit meat - France.
- In the Roman Empire there was even a special decree obliging the girls to eat the meat of rabbits, as this made them more beautiful.
- People have been eating rabbit meat for more than 3,500 years.
Breeding rabbits for meat will certainly add health to you and your family, unless, of course, abuse them.
Famous rabbit breeder Nikolai Zolotukhin talks about cells of his own design: