Choosing a fur coat from natural fur: how not to let yourself be deceived
The main parameters that determine how to choose a fur coat made of natural fur are its warmth, wear resistance and appearance. It is important not to fall for the deception of sellers who strive to cash in on naive buyers. Let's get ready to buy.
Choosing a fur coat: popular types of fur
One of the most common fur coats on the territory of the domestic fur space is the following fur products.
Mouton fur coat
The most common fur coats from Mouton - straightened and processed sheepskin. The reason for their popularity is that they are cheaper than others, they warm up well in the cold and are quite practical in everyday wear, unless they get wet when it is wet outside. Mouton fur coats are usually dyed, they can be found in different colors and shades. You can wear this coat for about seven seasons.
Fox fur coat
For a frosty winter, you can choose a fox fur coat, in particular, a silver fox.This is one of the warmest coats, especially uncut, but it is also available at the same time, much cheaper than mink. A fox fur coat can last an average of five seasons, and sometimes even seven or eight. But she also has drawbacks: the fur is quickly wiped out and looks very voluminous, therefore it is not suitable for all women.
Nutria fur coat
Nutria is worth choosing because of its low cost and decent quality. These coats are well protected from wind and cold, and weigh quite small. Natural color is gray-brown, but products are often sold painted. On average, a nutria fur coat can last for about five seasons, if the fur is uncut, but with careful handling, the same service life can be achieved from shorn coats.
Despite the fact that the mink fur coat is not a cheap pleasure, they remain one of the most popular among customers due to their beautiful appearance. The shade of the product and its insulating properties may vary depending on the type of mink. However, such fur coats are not very well heated, especially for mowed minks. Therefore, if you decide to choose a fur coat from a mink, take the option with a lining.Such products are very durable and able to please their owners at least seven, or even all ten seasons.
Tips on how to choose the right fur coat
- First of all, to choose a high-quality fur coat and not buy a fake, you need to go to branded outerwear stores and certainly not go shopping to the market.
- Any seller is obliged at your request to present the appropriate certificate for fur, which confirms the quality of workmanship. However, it does not provide confirming information on the origin and type of fur.
- Faux fur in any light will remain dull, and the natural will shine.
- If the natural fur is bent, then at the bend you can see the skin and hairs growing from it. A faux fur is based on knitted weaving.
- To the touch natural fur is soft, silky, unlike synthetic.
- How to choose a high quality fur coat - shake it and check whether it is peeling off. Pinch the fur coat - are there fluffs and hairs in your fingers?
- Check the fur coat for stains, bald spots and faded areas.
- Use a white cloth or a handkerchief on a painted fur coat - no traces of paint should remain on them.
- Not always a fake means that a fur coat made of natural fur is actually made of artificial, just instead of a mink you can slip a cheaper dyed woodchuck or marten, a silver fox often turns into an inexpensive fox and the nutria is presented as an expensive beaver.
- How to distinguish types of fur? Remember that silver fox is tricolor, and in lisopes it is two-color. Furs nutria not thick, with a short awn. The rabbit is very soft to the touch, the groundhog is prickly, and the mink, though tough, but not prickly.
And how to choose a fur coat according to the type of your figure - see in the following video: