Choosing covers for guitars
Buying a guitar, remember that thisa rather fragile musical instrument that easily undergoes deformation and external damage. Protective covers of this instrument are covers for guitars or cases. They help to protect the mentioned object from impacts, environmental influences (moisture, overheating, hypothermia), thereby helping to preserve the original appearance and excellent sounding of the instrument. In addition, in the case you can store not only the instrument itself, but also its components: power supply unit, effect pedals, mediators, a set of spare strings.
Depending on the purpose, covers for guitars are of several types:
- The thermo-resistant guitar case protects the instrument from the harmful effects of high and low temperatures, a sudden swing of the instrument.
- Waterproof cover is a waterproof accessory, in which the tool can be easily transported during rain and heavy snow.
- The mechanical case for a stringed instrument protects the guitar from mechanical damage: bumps and scratches.
In addition, the accessories in question also differ in the degree of rigidity: thus, the bass guitar case, however, as for the acoustic guitar, and the electric guitar, can be soft, semi-rigid and rigid.
Soft covers are made of synthetic materials that can protect the instrument from overheating, moisture and dust. The main advantage of such a cover is that it is inexpensive and low in weight.
Semi-rigid covers for guitars are more practical. They well protect the musical instrument during the fall and bumps against a hard surface. The minus of this remedy is that it is more difficult and expensive.
A hard case for a guitar is a case, case orcoffer. They protect the tool as effectively as possible from any kind of damage. These protections are made for string instruments from plastic, wood or leather. This kind of case for a guitar (its price, of course, is quite high) is significant weight, and it is not very convenient to carry, but full protection of the instrument is worth it.
Going to buy a cover for guitar, pay attention to the following recommendations.
- Immediately make a reservation: the best option is to purchase a cover with the tool, so you can immediately pick up a cover that fits in shape or size. If the guitar has appeared at you much earlier, going for a case, do not be lazy to take the instrument with you. You can on the spot all try on and determine exactly the choice.
- If you are a beginner self-taught musician, then forhome guitar storage, you will be fine with a soft case. Stronger means of protection for the instrument will be needed in case of frequent trips and transportation of guitars from one place to another.
- If in the cold season you take out a stringtool on the street, then do not rush to the house immediately to get it out of the cover. Allow it to warm up to room temperature, and only then open and use as directed.
Every tool needs care and carefulattitude. Covers for guitars are practical and necessary things to protect your instruments. They will be useful not only for the transportation of the instrument, but also for long-term storage.