Dizziness is easy: causes in men and women, treatment
Who among us at least once did not feel lightdizziness. Sometimes it accompanies the disease, in other cases we feel it in emotional outbursts. Whatever it was, we do not usually take this symptom seriously and expect that it does not cover serious health problems. However, if this phenomenon worries more and more often, this is the reason for an immediate call to a doctor.
Permanent light-headed dizziness canhave a variety of - external and internal. This phenomenon, called vertigo doctors, may indicate that any pathology develops in the body. But to make assumptions and wait, when it becomes worse, it is senseless and dangerous. Only the doctor can determine the cause of dizziness in the patient.
Why does this occur?
Many people argue that from time to timeexperience dizziness is easy. Reasons are often sought in the vestibular apparatus. It is this intricate organ that is responsible for the sense of balance. Disorders in its normal functioning cause in patients systemic or true dizziness. If, during diagnosis, the doctor has found out that everything is in order in a patient with a vestibular apparatus, then dizziness has other causes for easy reason, and internal organs are subject to examination. In this case we are talking about the non-systemic nature of the disease.
Quite often, light-headed dizziness is of an external nature. These include:
- Side effects of medication.
- Intoxication of the body with various potent substances.
- A variety of emotions experienced in a strong degree.
- Obtained head trauma.
If you study the annotation to medicinaldrugs, then, in the number of side effects, you can often find the item "light-headed dizziness". The reasons in this case are due to the peculiarities of the action of the active substance of the medication and to this situation one must be ready. If the attending physician insists on compliance with bed rest, then his recommendations should be followed.
Poisoning by poisonous or potentsubstances can occur both spontaneously and through the fault of the person himself. Sometimes we become victims of circumstances, in other cases we eat stale food or abuse alcohol. As a result, there is a poisoning of varying severity and intoxication of the body, the consequence of which is dizziness.
Strong emotions, such as excitement,fear, anger or panic, can also cause a vertigo. This dizziness is called psychogenic and is accompanied by uncontrollable panic sensations, noise in the ears, sweating and a sense of lack of air. Such phenomena can be associated with lack of sleep and increased fatigue. In this case, the patient can note depression, over-fatigue, fluctuations in appetite and libido.
When getting a head injury, patients often notice that they feel slightly dizzy. The causes in this case are understandable and are most often caused by concussion of the brain.
Vertigo of a systemic nature
Quite often, constant light dizzinesscauses is associated directly with violations of the vestibular apparatus. This body is responsible for orientation in space and coordination of movements.If there are diseases of the vestibular apparatus, then we are talking about systemic dizziness. It can be caused by the following ailments:
- Vestibular neuronitis, during which the vestibular nerve is affected. This disease has an infectious nature. Usually it is accompanied by nausea and vomiting. It is treated with special medications and gymnastics.
- Ménière's disease is a condition in whichthe inner ear increases the amount of fluid. It presses the receptors responsible for coordination of movements, which leads to dizziness, nausea, hearing loss, sweating, fluctuations in blood pressure and headaches. Similar attacks can last from a couple of hours to several days. The cause of this ailment is not clear to medicine, doctors only stop symptomatology with appropriate drugs.
- BPHV or benign paroxysmalpositional vertigo is the most common cause of vertigo. This ailment is caused by the penetration of crystalline structures into the semicircular tubules and their contact with the centers of equilibrium. In this case, the patient feels frequent dull dizziness that occurs in the morning after awakening and can be accompanied by noise in the ears and loss of consciousness. These causes of mild dizziness in women are much more common than in men. This condition is treated with special exercises that are designed to return the otoliths to their usual place. As a result, the receptors are not irritated, the condition is significantly improved.
- Labyrinthitis is an inflammationinner ear in acute form. Often, this ailment is a consequence of a viral or bacterial disease. The patient notes dizziness, nausea, vomiting and loss of consciousness. Therapy in this case is aimed at the removal of inflammation and the fight with the causative agent of the disease.
Often mild nausea and dizziness causeshave a non-systemic nature, and are a consequence of one of the many diseases of human organs and systems that are not associated with the vestibular apparatus. Modern high-precision diagnostics and professionalism of doctors are able to accurately determine the ailment, the consequence of which are the discomfort of the patient.
Diseases of the nervous system
If the patient feels a frequent light dizziness, weakness, the reason the doctor is looking for in the disorders of the nervous system.To this group of ailments it is possible to carry the following morbid conditions:
- Migraines, in which the patient suffers from persistent headaches of one or another part of the head, accompanied by dizziness.
- Neoplasms in the brain also give a similar symptomatology: dizziness, nausea, headaches from mild to severe, tinnitus and hearing loss.
- Inflammation of meninges or meningitis.
- Multiple sclerosis.
The ailments of the heart and blood vessels can also cause dizziness. This can be explained by the fact that under these conditions there is a violation of the blood supply to the main organs, including the brain.Vertigo can occur with the following diseases of the cardiovascular system:
- Violation of normal blood pressure.
- Ischemia of the heart.
- Heart failure.
Usually, in the presence of atherosclerosis occursincreased blood pressure, which is accompanied by dizziness and headaches. However, these sensations are inherent in hypotension. Slight dizziness and nausea can occur in anemia, and in violation of the heart.
Disorders of metabolic processes
Vertigo can be caused by certain diseases controlled by endocrine glands:
- Renal failure.
- Thyroid dysfunction.
- Increase the level of estrogen.
Syndrome of the vertebral artery
If you ask the doctor, what causes mild dizziness in men and women are most common in recent times, then he probably will note the syndrome of the vertebral artery.This blood vessel is the mostlarge, and it provides nutrition to the brain, namely the cerebellum. This department is responsible for the balance and coordination of the movement. Therefore, various disorders in the cervical spine, such as trauma, osteochondrosis, tumors or the transformation of the vein itself, can become the main cause of frequent dizziness, which is accompanied by pain in the neck, cervical muscle tension and numbness in the hands. For accurate diagnosis, use MRI, ultrasound, CT X-ray of the vertebrae and angiography of the vessels.
How to treat dizziness?
If a person has a permanent syndromedizziness, he should immediately consult a doctor. It should be reserved for a lot of patience, because finding the essence of the problem arises sometimes is not easy. After getting an appointment with a doctor, the patient will receive only an initial consultation about the existing question: light dizziness, causes, treatment. Further, the patient will have a long and thorough examination, which includes the following diagnostic methods:
- Analysis of arterial and venous blood to determine general and specific indicators.
- The study of ENG and VNG, which is a study of involuntary eye movements.
- Audiographic research.
- Computed tomography or CT scan.
- Radiographic examination of the skull and cervical spine.
- Consultations of narrow specialists: cardiologist, neurologist, ophthalmologist, endocrinologist, psychologist or other specialized doctors.
The results of a comprehensive survey will revealthe cause of the vertigo, and the specialist will appoint the necessary measures. Depending on the diagnosis, the desired method of treatment is chosen: physiotherapy, the use of medicines, surgical operations, manual therapy or massage.
Usually, the doctor gives the patient a set of recommendations for the correction of lifestyle:
- Avoid strong physical exhaustion.
- To refrain from taking alcohol and smoking.
- Try not to stay for a long time in stuffy and small rooms.
- To observe the correct mode of sleep and wakefulness, as well as hygiene of work.
Do not delay visiting a doctor!
A person suffering from vertigo is notshould self-medicate or use alternative medicine without consulting a doctor. In order to treat the disease, you need to know its causes. Eliminating briefly the manifestations of the disease, you only give yourself a respite, but do not solve the essence of the problem.Moreover, lingering on a visit to a doctor, youput your life at great risk. It is much easier and more effective to treat diseases in their initial stage. Today, medicine is so developed that even cancer is not a fatal problem, but on condition that it is diagnosed at early stages of development and treatment was started on time. If there is a problem, do not postpone it in the long box. Take the first step - make an appointment with a doctor, or you will later regret not having done it before.