Floors of plywood on the lag with their own hands in the country, in a private wooden house, on the 2 nd floor
Repair in an apartment or a country housenecessarily accompanies the life of most people. And one of the most common problems that have to be dealt with in this regard are cold or insufficiently flat floors. There are several ways to get out of this situation, one of them is to make plywood floors on logs. With their own hands it will be realized or with the help of specialists, each owner of the real estate decides at his own discretion.
What is the lag?
Lags are special wooden or polymericbars or pieces of metal profile, laid on a concrete base, on top of which the flooring is laid. With metal, it is much easier to work, besides, it is more durable than wood. But there is one significant drawback - metal, unlike wood, is critical to changing the ambient temperature, which can cause the floor to crumble. In addition, wooden beams will be cheaper.
It should be taken into account that coniferous rocks, especially larch, are the most suitable for making logs. The parts must be of regular geometric shape, even and without bends along the entire length.
Selecting the material for the substrate
In order to effect floor levelingplywood on the lag with your own hands, you need to choose the right material, because not every kind of it is suitable for this. There are such types of leveling sheets for the floor:
- Plywood is a multi-layer material, the number of layers starts from three.
- Cement-particle board (DSP) isA fine material for leveling a wooden floor for the subsequent laying of tiles. It is made from shavings and portland cement with the addition of chemical ingredients.
- Oriented strand board (OSB) is a multi-layer material in which the chips are glued with resins with the addition of synthetic wax. Ecological, but bends easier than plywood, and a bit more expensive.
- Wood particle board (DSP) has the lowest values for strength and environmental friendliness.
- Fiberboard is a material made by the method of hot pressing of wood fiber, very flexible, unstable.
Based on the listed properties of materials, it can be concluded that the floor of plywood lags with their own hands in a private house is best done from the OSB, DSP or plywood.
About the material
Plywood is the most acceptable option. It is a specially bonded veneer sheet: each new fiber layer is perpendicular to the fibers of the previous one, which significantly increases the stiffness. Plywood differs in the characteristics of moisture resistance, durability and environmental friendliness, which depend on the binding material used in the production:
- Mark FC is made with the use of urea glue, it is not resistant to moisture, swells swiftly. But it is safe for humans, can be used in rooms with low humidity.
- The brand of PSF contains phenol-formaldehyde glue, it is moisture-resistant, but not eco-friendly due to phenolic emissions.
- Mark FB - Bakelized plywood, resistant to moisture and corrosive environments.
- FOF is a laminate (laminated-pressed) material called a laminate. Used as a decorative floor finish.
To make the floor from the plywood on the logs with their own hands in the country or in the apartment, the plywood of FK and FSF brands from birch with the thickness of ten to fifteen millimeters is the best.
Advantages of plywood floor on logs
The design of such a floor has a number of undeniable advantages:
- strengthening of soundproofing characteristics;
- increase in thermal insulation properties;
- high-quality rapid warming of the floor by laying between the lagging of thermal insulation material;
- ensuring uniform pressure distribution to the base;
- The presence of an empty space between the lags makes it possible to arrange various communications in it;
- rapid leveling of the floors;
- good strength characteristics of the coating;
- possibility of easy replacement of damaged parts;
- With a job even a novice can handle without special skills;
- the device of a floor from plywood on logs does not demand presence of the specialized heavy technics or tools.
Preparation for laying
Mandatory activities before laying floors should be:
- inspection of the base;
- careful cleaning from large irregularities;
- covering of cracks and cracks;
- floor waterproofing.
Whatever the coefficient of moisture resistanceplywood or any identical material, it has a certain hygroscopicity, which leads to absorption of some moisture. Therefore, the main stage of preparation is waterproofing. Perform it usually thick polyethylene film (in the simplest case) or a special coating. The concrete floor is covered with the material completely, with a slight overlap on the walls. And so that after laying the plywood the film would stand for it. Parts of the waterproofing at the joints are fixed with a construction tape.
In order to install the flooring on lag made of plywood, galvanized hardware is used for fastening, which is three times longer than the thickness of the fastened sheets.
Which is better: two thin layers or one thick?
Plywood is a composite material. Layers in it are arranged by fibers crosswise to achieve sufficient rigidity and strength. Proceeding from this, it becomes clear that in order to increase such characteristics it does not matter at all how many layers will be laid - two ten-millimeters instead of one twenty-millimeter or more. And the price will not be particularly big.
But when leveling very curved floors, the amountlayers plays a significant role here. When laying one layer of unevenness, of course, it will be smoothed out, but there will be changes at the joints of the sheets of plywood. This is where the properly laid second layer will help you - the joints of the plates of each of them will coincide with the center of the plates of the other layer.
Conclusion: for the insulation of a flat base, it is possible to mount the plywood floors on the logs with one hand in one layer with sheets of thickness of twenty millimeters. When leveling the base curve, two ten-millimeter layers with staggered plywood plates are better suited.
Plywood floors on the logs with their own hands: lags and lathing
The sequence of steps of this phase is as follows:
- To perform the installation, apply dried flat bars measuring 10 x 5 cm and a length of at least two meters. In addition, they must stay in the room for two weeks.
- The prepared base is laid waterproofing, and the bars are treated with an antiseptic.
- When installing the log, the indentation from each wall is 25 mm.
- To neutralize unevenness, useMDF or MDF boards with a side of a square of 20 cm, and for suppressing noise - linoleum pieces. In places where there are substrates, the logs are fixed to the cement foundation with anchor bolts. When stacking between the lags, leave a distance of 40 cm.
- When all the logs are mounted, go tothe device of the crate. Its slats are also installed on substrates with fixing to the floor and lags self-tapping screws at a distance of not more than half a meter. It is important that the size of the battens match the parameters of the plywood sheets.
- The cavities formed in the crate are filled with a heater and a noise isolator.
Size fit, fastening
In order to properly arrange the plywood floorson the lags with your own hands (photo actions are presented in the article), it is necessary to cut the plywood into sheets of the right size, optimally 1250 x 2500 mm. For convenience, they can be numbered.
In order to exclude the possibility of scripting during further operation, lanes of pergamina are attached to the logs before stowing the plywood with a stapler.
The sheets are laid across the log, fastened with screws at a distance of 15 cm. At the junctions, the screws are placed in staggered order at a distance of 10 mm from the edge of the sheet.
When installing between sheets, a gap of the order of a third of a millimeter is left, which is then filled with a sealant or elastic mastic and glued with moisture resistant glue.
The laying starts from the window, the metalware hats are completely recessed in the plywood into the bored holes. If the communication is planned, cutouts are made for them.
Plywood floors on the logs with your own hands: mounting layers
This stage is carried out in the following sequence:
- Laying the first layer starts from the window withindentation from the wall of the order of half a centimeter. You can use plywood of the third or fourth grade, as the presence of knots and appearance do not play a noticeable role in view of further finishing, and at a cost such material is much cheaper.
- Supplement for plywood may be intermediatelags. This is necessary to reduce the size of cells for the purpose of good binding of sheets and frame. For this, the lags are connected by cross-pieces from the scraps, by fastening them with steel corners. The size of the cells should be a multiple of the plywood sheets, so that their edges always lie on the lag.
- The second layer of sheets is mounted offset with respect to the first. Between each other, the layers are fastened with self-tapping screws and glued together with PVA or special glue for plywood.
- Stitch the seams between the sheets.
- After laying the last plate, the surface is sanded by hand or by grinding machine.
By the same principle, the floor of plywood is laid on the logs with their own hands on the 2nd floor of a private house.
For successful execution of works it is necessary to pay attention to the following:
- On plywood is not recommended to lay the tile: it can fall off due to the expansion of the wood layer.
- Unevenness on the coupler can be sprinkled with sand, and the cracks and holes in the corners - zapenit.
- To check the humidity in the room, you need to cover the ground for a day with a polyethylene film. If there is sweat under it, waterproofing is necessary.
- It is important to comply with all laying rules whenThe floor is made of plywood on the lags with your own hands. In a wooden house on the first floor above the ground, this is especially true - if the technology is not observed to correct the errors, you will have to remove the entire cover.
- To ensure good sound insulation lags are not fixed rigidly, but are installed on felt or rubber pads to extinguish noise.
- Before you start the installation of the log, find a zero level and then equalize the remaining bars.
- Heat insulation must be cut strictly to the size of the cells, so that its edges do not bend when laying.
- After laying the heater to the ladders of the stapler, a vapor barrier membrane can be attached.
- For mounting it is better to use not ordinary hardened black screws, but yellow ones on wood with a powerful landing hole.
- The sheets must be laid so that not cross-shaped, but T-shaped joints are formed.
With the correct installation of the plywood floor, it can last more than twenty years. Just remember that this material is suitable for styling in dry and warm rooms.
It is also worth noting that the plywood is not suitableOnly for the arrangement of wall covering and rough floors. The craftsmen make of it unique decorative compositions in the interior. Using old craftsmanship - artistic sawing, parts of the plywood lay out the pictures and form the parquet.