Fluconazole: instructions for use
"Fluconazole" is a wonderful antifungal drug. It can be presented in the form of syrup, capsules, powder for the preparation of a suspension, solution for injection.
Fluconazole, instructions for usedescribes its action in detail, inhibits, i.e. slows down the activity of fungi that depend on cytochrome P450, does not allow mushroom cells to convert lanosterol to ergosterol. The drug disrupts the replication and growth of the fungal cell membrane. However, acting on them, "Fluconazole", the instruction for use soothes, does not suppress the oxidation processes associated with cytochrome in the human body. These properties of the drug can actively fight fungal diseases caused by a variety of pathogens.
Who is shown "Fluconazole"? The drug has a wide range of indications:
- Treatment of systemic diseases, provokedcryptococci: meningitis, skin, pulmonary infections. It is interesting that the drug actively copes with fungi as in people with normal immunity, and in AIDS patients suffering from other immune problems.
- Prevention of infection with cryptococci during organ transplantation, in patients with AIDS.
- Treatment of candidemia.
- Treatment and prevention of generalized disseminated candidiasis, affecting the eyes, abdominal organs, urinary organs, endocardium.
- Prophylaxis and treatment of oral cavity or pharynx.
- Treatment of bronchial or pulmonary candidiasis.
- Prophylaxis of mucocutaneous atrophic or oral candidiasis caused by the wearing of removable dentures.
- Genital candidiasis, banitis.
- Prevention of fungal infections in patients undergoing radiation, chemo- or radiotherapy.
- Mycosis: groin, body, foot, skin, pityriasis, onychomycosis
- Treatment of endemic mycoses: histoplasmosis, sporotrichosis, coccidioidosis,
"Fluconazole", the composition of which can causeallergic reactions in some people are not shown to everyone. People who suffer from alcoholism, hepatic or renal insufficiency, pregnant, nursing, elderly people are not recommended to take it. Do not use the drug and to treat children.
"Fluconazole", instruction manual containsthis information is capable of causing some side effects. Although they were most often observed in excess of the recommended dosage or unreasonably prolonged therapy, patients who are undergoing treatment and those who prescribe the drug should take this hazard into account.
The medicine can cause:
- disturbance of stool, appetite, increased flatulence, toothache, epigastric pain;
- dysfunction of the liver, hyperbilirubinemia, jaundice;
- increased fatigue, drowsiness, headache, rarely - convulsions;
- exudative erythema, Lyell's syndrome, anaphylactic shock;
- alopecia (alopecia), hypertriglyceridemia, impaired renal activity, hypokalemia
In addition, the excess of the prescribed doses of the drug"Fluconazole", instructions for use warns of this, can cause an overdose. In this case, the appearance of hallucinations, confusion, the development of paranoid behavior. In this case, immediate medical attention is required: gastric lavage, hemodialysis, forced diuresis.
Treatment of "Fluconazole" is recommended to continue,until a stable remission appears. Early termination of treatment can lead to relapse of the disease. The dosage and duration of the course in each case is determined by the doctor.
The medicine has analogues: preparations, the active substance of which is fluconazole. These include: Flukostat, Diflucan, Mycomomax, Mycosyst, Prokanazol, Fluor, and some other drugs.