From what tablets "Levomycetin"?
In our time, people are increasingly resorting toself-medication. Some do not want to go to the hospital because they do not trust the doctor, others, because they neglect their health. Everyone has their own motives. People treat themselves almost all diseases. Starting from a simple cold, and ending with more serious illnesses. Let's take a look at this article, from what tablets levomitsetin. In what cases and for what they are used.
Levomycetin is an antibiotic that is prescribed fortreatment of a variety of infectious diseases. It acts on many gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, pathogens of purulent infections, typhoid fever, dysentery, chlamydia, spirochetes, rickettsia.
Levomecitin tablets: instructions
- Physicochemical characteristics. Levomycetin is a white tablet.
- Composition. Levomycetin in one tablet-0.25, 0.5 grams.
- Auxiliary additives. Stearic acid, potato starch.
- Available. In the form of tablets and capsules.
- Pharmacological group. Antibacterial agents.
- Pharmacological properties. Levomycetin has the ability to inhibit the synthesis of proteins in the cell of a microorganism sensitive to the drug, and not to interfere with the synthesis of nucleic acid. In case of application strictly in therapeutic doses, it acts as a bacteriostatic agent. After two three hours, after taking, the maximum concentration of the substance is reached in the blood. Currently, levomycetin tablets are very widely used in infectious diseases, the use of which will be described below. It has the ability to penetrate into tissues, organs, spinal fluid. You should know that the drug is absorbed into the mother's milk. Levomycetin is excreted mainly with urine, feces and bile.
- Indications for use. The drug Levomycetin is prescribed for paraffin, typhoid, brucellosis, meningitis, rickettsiosis, persinosis, chlamydia, etc. Levomycetin may be prescribed in case of non-tolerability of other drugs.
- Method of application and dosage. Tablets Levomycetin should be used thirty minutes before meals, orally. Adults should take 500 grams three times a day. If you are concerned about diarrhea, then usually, in such cases, you need to drink tablets against diarrhea. Levomycetin belongs to this series. He removes indigestion in the shortest possible time. Enough even a couple of tablets. In cases where the disease is very difficult, the doctor can increase the daily dose to four grams and divide into three, four doses. Children under 3 years of age use 10 mg / kg. From 3-8 to 150 or 200 grams, over 8 to 200-300 grams. The daily dose is divided into three, four doses. The course of treatment with this drug should not exceed 10 days. If necessary, repeat the drug, you can make after two weeks.
- Side effects. There may be thrombocytopenia, leukopenia, reticulocytopenia. All these manifestations pass after completion of the drug. Very rarely there can be aplastic anemia, psychomotor disorders, hallucinations, decreased vision or hearing, vomiting, nausea, skin rashes. Levomycetin can disrupt intestinal microflora, and, thereby, create favorable conditions for reproduction of fungal diseases (candidiasis).
- Contraindications. Levomycetin can not be administered during pregnancy, children under three years old, patients who suffer from psoriasis, fungal diseases or eczema. And also with angina and other acute respiratory diseases.
- Interaction with other drugs. In no case, do not apply, together with sulfonamides, pyrazolone derivatives, barbiturates, butamide, diphenine, neodicumarin.
- Storage conditions. Store at a temperature of no higher than 25 degrees, in a place protected from direct sunlight.
- Category of vacation. According to doctor's prescription.
Attention! Before use, always consult your doctor. The information above is for general information only.