Games with cereals for children or how to paint rice
Good day, dear needlewomen!
How to occupy a child? There have already been several articles on this topic on our site, for example, we did, salt dough for modeling and in this article you will learn what games you can play with cereals, how to paint your cereals with your hands for playing with a child.
You have not tried to give the childcereals for games? This is a very interesting pastime with a child, besides games with such objects(under the supervision of adults)affect fine motor skills, enhancing brain function.
Games with croup
So, we offer you several options for games with colored cereals and pasta.
1. Touch boxes
2. Sandbox at home (from rice, semolina)
3. Dry painting (applications of cereals on paper)
4. Learning colors
5. Games that develop fine motor skills (find an object, pour the cereal into a container, pour a spoon)
6. It is possible to make artificial snow, sea, meadow, land and so on from cereals - this develops the child’s imagination.
7You can make a sorter out of colored cereals. (Sort out colors)
8. You can make beads from colored pasta
9. Groats scattered on the floor - good foot massage.
10. Do-it-yourself (postcards, panels)
11. “Sand animation” on glass or plastic
13. You can hide metal objects in the croup and find them with a magnet
14. Games in the pastry chef (colored rice topping)
15. You can make a kaleidoscope from colored cereals.
16. Colored rice in a jar is a beautiful interior decoration.
17. Colored cereals can be poured into the bottle with a funnel.
Developing a lesson for a child with colored objects, bright things and colorful cereals becomes much more exciting!
Applications of cereals
This type of creativity is very common, especially in kindergartens. Applications of cereals have many advantages. Even the little ones cope with this task, and the plus is that in the process of creating the masterpiece scissors are not needed. Also, motor skills affect the brain, so that baby’s speech develops faster. Also, brute grains have a good effect on plucked reflexes, naughty hands learn to be obedient.
The croup is glued to paper with PVA glue (glue - pencil).First draw the outlines on the paper with a pencil, then glue the croup of different colors.
Appliqué from cereal video
Touch box for children
The touch box is a beautiful, useful, exciting and developing toy and fine motor skills. And the budget is good. Touch box for a child can be made by any parent. The touch box is a container with a croup, pebbles or liquid filler and game elements of your choice.
Touch box video
You can use several different options for making cereals colored for playing with children: Use food dyes, green paint, iodine, chalk and pastel. In relation to the child, first of all, there must be safety, you can choose for yourself the most appropriate way of coloring cereals, depending on the age of the child. For the smallest, it is recommended to use natural dyes or food dyes, for older children it is possible to conduct experiments with other painting methods.
Coloring materials for rice:
- Food coloring How to paint rice at home? Food coloring, for example, Easter sets for coloring eggs, can be used for coloring rice. Rice colored bright, saturated colors.Also, the croup will not fade for a long time, it will not paint the hands.
- Natural dyes: onion peel will color the rice brown, for this boil the husk and hold the rice in the broth. To get a pink color, squeeze the beetroot juice, add vinegar and color rice. Red rice can be obtained by holding it in a strong broth karkade. Yellow rice is obtained with the help of turmeric, get a beautiful coffee color with coffee, chocolate or cocoa. Also, you will achieve an orange color, if you hold the cereal in carrot juice. Dyeing rice using natural dyes is suitable for those who do not have food dyes on hand or you don’t want to use them for security reasons, the disadvantage of this method is that the grain turns out to be not such saturated colors and the paint fades with time.
- Medical preparations: Zelenka, iodine, potassium permanganate
- Gouache, watercolor, finger paints. Spread the rice over several containers, better take plastic cups. Add gouache and some water to it, mix and leave for an hour. After that, pour the rump on paper and let it dry for a day. If the rice is dry, you can make applications from it. It is better not to play with such rice, it packs pens. To the touch rice turns out slightly rough.
How to dye rice food dye
How to dye rice food dye? It is very simple, besides, the rice turns out bright, smooth, the paint does not tarnish and does not stain hands.
- Rice (round or long)
- Disposable cups or any container that you can throw away.
- Food colorings
- Baking tray
- Baking paper or foil
Pour hot water into cups.
Dissolve food colors, you can mix colors (for example, you get purple by mixing blue with pink, and lime by mixing yellow with green)
Add some vinegar to the water.
Then mix the food coloring well and pour the rice into the containers.
Leave the rice in water for an hour, then drain.
Dry the rice in glasses a little, then place it on a baking sheet on foil or baking paper, dry it in the oven or in the sun. The second option will be longer.
After the rice is painted, you can use it for games, applications, touch boxes! Playing with colored rice will please the child and can take the child for a long time.