Cucumbers are not only tasty, but very healthy vegetables, without which it is difficult to imagine a vegetable garden. How to grow them to get a decent crop? You will find the answer to this question below.
Variety of varieties
Before you plant cucumbers - decide what kind suits you. Varieties of cucumbers are different. Let's look at all and identify the best varieties:
- Creepy F1. This vegetable is spiced for a short time, does not require pollination. It has a pronounced taste.
- Emelya F1. Sounds like a greenhouse. Early, when marinovka turns out excellent crunchy, has a high development of whiskers.
- F1 ant. A hybrid that has large pitted trees is fast-paced.
- Murom 36. Ideal for shady areas, easily tolerates temperature fluctuations.
- Swallowtail F1. Variety resistant to pathogenic bacteria. Good for pickling.
- Tom Thumb. Fertile, quickly sizzling, able to resist many diseases.
Note:F1 - symbol of hybrid genera.
How to choose a variety of cucumbers?
How to choose from so many those that suit you? Let's try to understand.
- The main thing with which it is desirable to decide - the type of culture: varietal or hybrid. The first cucumber seeds produce fewer vegetables, but are suitable for secondary sowing. The latter, on the contrary, give greater yield, but planting them again will not work.
- Then consider where you will grow the crop: on the windowsill, in the greenhouse or in the garden. In the greenhouse and at home it is better to breed self-pollinated varieties, on the site bee-pollinated.
- An important point is planting time. If it's winter, choose shade-tolerant views. Any summer.
- It is also important for what purposes you grow cucumbers. For kuporka take fruits with thin skin, fleshy pulp.
After the desired seeds are selected, they must be prepared:
- First, select the defective seeds. Immerse them in a jar of salt water. Those that surfaced are unsuitable for sowing.
- Disinfect the seeds by dropping them for twenty minutes into the manganese solution.
- Warm up in the sun.
- Temper them by placing them in the refrigerator for twenty-four hours.
Prepare cucumber seedlings. To do this, follow these steps:
- Put the seeds on a wet cloth, cover it with the top.
- Wait, constantly moistening the fabric.
- Choose bones that have white sprouts.
Layers are ready for landing.
Based on the place of cultivation, we define further actions.
Growing cucumbers on the balcony
If you grow this plant on the balcony:
1. Prepare the primer. For this you will need the following components:
All ingredients are mixed in equal parts, scatter and disinfect with potassium permanganate. Do not forget, you can buy the primer in a specialty store.
2. Spread the seedlings into the heated land, then the seeds will take root. Make a shallow hole, put five to eight seeds in there, then cover with a primer.
3. During their growth, always keep them in a sunny place. Water them with at least one liter of water each day.
Growing cucumbers in the greenhouse
If you want to grow cucumbers in a greenhouse, then follow these rules:
- Before planting seeds in the greenhouse, they must be germinated in cups.
- Connect the compost, peat, soil from the sod. Pour the mixture into the greenhouse, evenly distribute and pour.
- Prepared sprouted cucumbers plant in the hole, located forty-five centimeters from one another.
- Stretch a rope 1.5-2.5 meters from the ground. This will help curl the mustache of the plant.
- As often as possible, check the temperature of the soil, in case of its increase, conduct airing. The ideal temperature is 20-28 degrees.
- When watering plants, try not to fall on the leaves. Before the flowers are tied, water the cucumbers once a week. Since the formation of flowers - once every three days.
- Loosen the soil more often, so that the roots receive oxygen and remove moisture.
Cultivation of cucumbers in open ground
Growing cucumbers in the open field is a laborious process. It is executed as follows:
- In the prepared soil, penetrate the grooves, plant their seeds at a distance of 5-10 cm from each other and cover them with loose earth.
- At each hole it is necessary to drive a wooden column into the ground, stretching a twine between it and the plant.
- Water the beds daily. Cucumber loves moisture!
- After the appearance of cucumber leaves, plants must be fertilized. Two weeks after the first feeding of cucumbers, feeding is carried out again.
- In order to attract insects, spray the plants with a special solution, which consists of sugar, boric acid and water, mixed in a ratio of 100g: 2g: 1 liter.
So we figured out all the intricacies of growing such an unpretentious plant as a cucumber.Observing the above rules, you will not only get a pleasant harvest, but surprise all your friends with the stunning rich taste of your cucumbers, prepare new dishes and just enjoy the process of growing.
What could be nicer than picking juicy and fragrant cucumbers from branches?
For a more detailed study of the issue, watch the video.