Hiccup, hiccups, go to Fedot and other ways of getting rid of her ...
Hikota cannot be called a pleasant phenomenon, and if in childhood it could cause positive emotions - laughter, fun, then for adults it becomes a source of irritation, especially if it does not appear at all at the right time. And, moreover, hiccups can be a signal of serious health problems: if she is worried often and does not pass for a long time, then it is worth worrying.
Of course, in the latter case, just eliminating the hiccups will not work, but if it is associated with overeating, cooling and other things, then you can resort to simple methods. How to get rid of hiccups quickly at home?
The most common methods
Medicine in detail, up and down, studied the mechanisms of hiccups, but, unfortunately, did not find out what provokes it, and did not create such a pill that could instantly get rid of hiccups - people still hiccup.
However, there are popular ways to stop hiccups, which give quick results:
- To stop spasmodic contraction of the esophagus and diaphragm, you can, if you try to hold your breath - an effective way, which is used when hiccups caught up at the wrong time. You need to calm down, take a deep breath and hold your breath as long as possible. Another option is to inhale a couple of times slowly and deeply, holding your breath for a while. After exhale into a paper bag and inhale from it. Such actions contribute to filling the blood stream with carbon dioxide, and after a while the person stops hiccups.
- Reflex technique - even faster getting rid of hiccups. It is necessary to press with the pad of your finger on the base of the tongue (this is usually done to cause a gag reflex). Emerging spasms of the esophagus will eliminate the spasm of the diaphragm.
- An excellent remedy for hiccups is water. You need to pour a whole glass and drink it in small sips. This will help wash away the pieces of food left on the walls of the pharynx and eliminate their effects on the nerve endings located in this area.You can also do the following: bending the body forward, put your hands behind your back and ask someone to hold the glass so that you can drink from it. Such a position of the body contributes to the relaxation of the diaphragm, and thanks to quick sips, it is compressed back. With simultaneous such actions, the movement of the diaphragm, causing hiccups, disappears.
- Spasms will stop if you swallow food or liquid with a bitter or sour taste - lemon or lime, water with a small amount of vinegar or pea black pepper. Infiltrating the digestive system, acid or bitterness will help relieve spasm.
- Sweet can also help, you can put a little sugar or a piece of refined sugar on the tongue, and after a few seconds swallow. Or take a couple of tablespoons of beer, add art. spoon of sugar and drink the resulting liquid.
The above ways of getting rid of hiccups are explained by the medical position, however, there are methods that can be questionable, but still help. How to get rid of hiccups quickly, thanks to very strange options for action?
Original methods from hiccups
First of all, it is worth noting a method that for some reason is considered to be the most favorite technique of doctors - a dispute for money. Despite the strangeness, it is considered quite effective. In this case, money is put on the table, when someone from the audience starts to hiccup, they make a bet with him. Surprisingly enough, the hiccups disappear with lightning speed.
Another interesting option associated with exercise. As soon as hiccups attack, it is necessary to start the swing of the press or push-ups. Of course, this technique is not suitable for everyone.
But the personal doctor of US President Kennedy suggests the following - to hold the tongue. As soon as hiccups occur, you need to open your mouth wide, pull your tongue and fix this position for 7-10 seconds. If the president was helped by a similar method, then it is a sin not to take advantage of others.
Children also love the next way - tickling, although some adults are not averse to fooling around. The fact is that when a person is tickled, he keeps laughing, which means that he stops breathing for a while. In this case, the hiccups pass quickly.
Many people think that the ikayuschy person will pass this phenomenon, if you scare him well.However, it is difficult to guess how a person will behave and whether therapy from hiccups turns into a heart attack. Therefore, you should not get involved in frightening, especially when it comes to children, the elderly, or people with health problems.
Experts also recommend not to dwell on the problem, and try to apply several techniques. If the hiccups after some time returns or does not react at all to the manipulations, then it makes sense to consult a specialist.
How to help a child with hiccups?
Parents of young children often worry about the health of their crumbs. And even hiccups can cause anxiety. When does this phenomenon really indicate that the child is sick, and in what cases is the usual physiological manifestation?
But if hiccups occur every day, accompanied by headaches, gagging, belching, and the baby becomes sluggish, often naughty and does not sleep well, then this is a serious illness.Naturally, you need as soon as possible to go to the reception to the pediatrician.
If a child rarely hiccups, then grown-up children can be helped by using such methods as for adults. And how to get rid of hiccups in a newborn, because such methods will not work for such crumbs.
In this case, parents can do the following:
Put crumbs "column".
If the baby, eating, suddenly began to hiccup, you need to stop feeding, stroke him and lift him vertically, waiting until he burps out. When everything is normal, you can give him a breast or a bottle again.
You need to choose the right feeding position.
The ideal position for babies to eat is a 45 degree angle. Also, breastfeeding should not lying, but as much as possible raising the baby vertically. After feeding, it is advisable to hold the baby for a while with a column, without laying it directly on the back or tummy.
You can give the child a warm little water.
A few sips of heated water will help to relieve the baby from the spasms of the diaphragm. Baby can be offered to drink from a bottle.
Lemon juice or chamomile decoction.
One drop of freshly squeezed lemon juice or chamomile broth is enoughtongue to the baby stopped hiccups.
To warm the baby.
Often the cause of hiccups in infants is hypothermia. In this case, the child must be warmly dressed, covered and given warm water to drink. You can also wrap the baby in a heated diaper, pick up and squeeze yourself, stroking the back. If the baby is overcooled older than 2 years, then you can treat him to tea with honey. You can also cool a child’s earlobe by putting a spoon, a coin or a piece of ice wrapped in cloth to it.
Hiccups amuses 2-3 minutes, and after causing significant irritation, and even the kids begin to feel discomfort. Therefore, it is very important to know how in unforeseen situations, even outside the home, you can get rid of this phenomenon.