How and when to collect immortelle for drying, storage features and recommendations
For a long time people used natural giftsin order to be treated, they took extracts from plants and decoctions cooked on their basis. The most famous healing plant, which is used to enhance health and maintain beauty, is immortelle. In order for the plant to benefit, the collection, drying and storage of the immortelle must follow the rules.
What is this plant?
This is a perennial plant that is differentits bright coloration. When flowering immortelle "dresses up" in a bright yellow "hat" of flowers. In the people this plant was called in different ways: "cat's paws", gold color, "sunny gold", immortelle sandy. When to collect, how to dry and use - a long tradition that came to us from herbalists and healers. To get all the benefits from the plant, do not neglect these rules.
Immortelle, which scientifically called Helichrysum monstrosum, outwardly differs from the sandy immortelle, but there are useful properties in both.
The first species has a long stem, on whichnumerous "flowers" blossom. The second, sandy immortelle, has a lot of straight leaves with the tops lowered. The flowers of this plant are also numerous, small, have either a bright yellow color or an orange hue.
Useful properties of the immortelle
So what is so special about thisgold color, what did our ancestors recognize and use this information to us? Immortelle is a real medicinal plant, it contains ascorbic acid, essential oils, resins, carotene, tannins, many vitamins and trace elements. These substances are contained in the flowers of the plant, flowering lasts from June until late autumn. But you need to know exactly when to collect the immortelle for drying.
From what help immortelle?
Preparations from immortelle are very popular, because they are low-toxic, in comparison with chemical medicines. At what illnesses it is necessary to apply immortelle?
- Disease of the intestines and stomach, indigestion. In this case, immortelle will adjust the production of gastric juice, normalizes acidity.
- Stones in the pancreas. Immortelle makes bile secretion, activates and stabilizes the gland. Changing the composition of bile, it helps to remove stones and sand from it.
- Cholecystitis, cirrhosis, jaundice, and other liver diseases.
- Obesity, metabolic disorders.
- Ischemic disease.
- Stones in the kidneys.
Of course, it is more effective to use broths from immortelle not as a basic medicine, but as an addition to course therapy, in order to accelerate the process of recovery.
Do not prescribe yourself treatmentimmortelle, consult your doctor. Only a specialist will be able to determine how an immortelle will be combined with already prescribed and used drugs.
When to collect the immortelle for drying?
The immortelle blossoms from June to September, but the momentFlowering can vary depending on the region and the conditions of the summer. The plant maintains the most useful properties in its flowers, but not for a very long time. Therefore, it is necessary to catch the moment when to collect the immortelle for drying. If you make a mistake, collect flowers sooner or later, then they will not be endowed with any useful properties, they will fit only on the herbarium. Let's consider the basic rules of collection:
- Flowers must be collected until they are openedcompletely. On the outer rim of the inflorescence buds should be still closed. If you wait until the flowers completely dissolve, you can stay without a medicine. With further manipulations with the plant, the buds that have been dissolved will simply fall off, leaving you a pedicel.
- Do not cut the plant completely, cut off only the baskets of the inflorescences. In order for the process to go faster, and drying was easier, you can cut off whole panicles.
- Use the scissors to assemble. If you tear flowers with your hands, you can destroy the whole plant. Its stem is very strong, there is a danger of tearing the immortelle straight from the root.
- Choose locations that are far awayfrom the roads and the city. This is an important point, since immortelle should treat, and not fill the body with harmful substances. Growing near the road flowers absorb all the poisons from the exhaust, dust. This you will take with useful substances. So do not be lazy, leave the car at the curb and on foot go look for immortelle.
The weather for collection should also contribute. When is it better to collect immortelle for drying - in the morning or in the evening? On the street must be dry and warm, the morning dew should already be gone. The most optimal time for collection is before lunch, while the sun does not start to "drink" from flowers useful substances together with moisture.
If you collect immortelle in the rain or with dew, then you will lose a lot of useful substances.
If you follow all of the above rules,how and when to collect immortelle for drying, then from one bush in a season it is possible to extract raw materials several times. New baskets after the collection will be ready in a week.
Drying the immortelle
When we collect the immortelle for drying, wedetermined. The question remains: how to dry the plant correctly? To become a truly experienced herbalist, you need to remember that you need to harvest and dry herbs correctly, without depriving them of useful properties. It is necessary to follow the following points:
- You can not leave flowers in a basket or bag for a long time. Start the workpiece at most four hours after harvesting. If you keep the plant closed for a long time, it will start to deteriorate.
- Panicles are better to hang out. If you collected plants with a part of the stem, then tie them in small bundles and hang them on the rope with flowers down.
- Uniformly spread the flowers on a flat surface. If only flowers were to be collected, then they should be scattered over a surface covered with thick paper or cardboard.
- Dry only in a room with heat, dark and well ventilated. For these purposes, a storage room or a room where the rays of the sun do not fall will do.
- The temperature in the dryer is no higher than forty degrees. If for drying you use a special dryer, then the temperature in it should be at least thirty and not more than forty degrees.
How to store a ready immortelle?
Here you have properly collected the plant and dried it. It remains only to keep it right.
To begin with, make sure that the plant is really well dried and the drying should be stopped: break a couple of twigs, if they become brittle and crumble, then you can start packing.
In order that the plant does not deteriorate, it is necessary to pack it in containers well ventilated. These can be boxes of cardboard or paper, bags of cloth. Banks are by no means suitable!
Sign the date of collection and packing on sacks or boxes. Immortelle can be used for treatment for three years from the date of collection.
Immortelle: planting and care when collecting flowers
Many gardeners plant immortelle on their own plot. Someone does it for decorative purposes, someone grows it for a medicine so that it is not necessary to go far beyond it.
Immortelle, though growing without the help of people onmeadows, but in the garden you will have to look after him properly. The first thing that a person who decides to plant this plant should know is the immortelle's love for warmth and sunshine. Do not plant bushes in shady places, next to bushes and trees.
Immortelle is one-year and many years old. Seeds of the annual can be bought or collected directly after flowering. Seeds are planted in seedlings in a greenhouse or in house pots. After the plant will have two leaves, it can be planted on the ground. Put sand and peat in each hole. Do not forget to loosen and water.
The roots of the long-standing species will have to be minednature. Find a good adult bush that consists of several bushes. Carefully dig it from the root, divide into separate twigs. Plant on your site in good ground. For the winter, carefully cover the roots of the plant with foliage and grass, so that its frosts will not destroy it.
Collect the flowers of a domesticated immortelle follows the same technology as the wild one. Carefully follow the watering - do not overdry or pour the earth.
Take it seriously to the immortelle
This is a truly medicinal plant. He has contraindications as well as with other medicines. Be sure to consult a doctor so as not to damage your health. Do not be treated independently, this you can only harm yourself and your relatives.