How to connect headphones to your computer: tips and tricks
How to connect headphones to a computer? If you are a modern person, and at the same time also a music lover (or movie fan), then at least once in your life you already had (or will have to in the near future) to ask this question.
At first it may seem that there is nothing complicated and incomprehensible in such an apparently elementary task as connecting headphones to a computer. It's a delusion!
Please note that basically this audio device is connected to either the back or front panel, although there is also a very popular wireless model.
1. How to connect the headphones to the computer. Back panel
1. Try to arrange the system unit in such a way that the connection process is not controlled to the touch, as often happens, but visually. Remember that in an ideal connection it is necessary to see the location of the nests, as well as their color markings. At the same time, the computer can be left on.
2. Decide on the correct socket. There can be trapped underwater pebbles. If the plug of your headphones is narrow, then all you need to do is just to find the corresponding connector of a light green color. But in case you purchased an audio headset equipped with a large diameter plug, say 3.5 mm, you will still have to purchase an adapter. It also happens that the earphones are initially equipped with a USB plug, in which case you just need to plug into any free connector on the back panel (they are all the same). How to connect headphones from phone to computer? If you can not do this directly, you will also have to purchase a special adapter.
3. If you did turn off the computer before connecting the headset, download it. If not, just wait a few seconds until it detects the presence of a new device. Are you ready? In principle, in most cases, nothing more is needed from you. The headphones are ready for use.
2. How to connect the headphones to the computer. Front Panel
Now the connectors can be found not only onhabitual to us the back panel, but also on the front, and even on the keyboard. What for? Yes, just not always the length of the wire allows you to connect freely and without strain to the back panel of your system unit, usually standing on the floor.
1. Often you can face such a situation: the purchased computer has all the connectors necessary for audio devices located on the front panel, but the loop to the sound card is not connected. How can I check this? Turn on the computer, wait for the operating system to boot, run any audio player of your choice, insert the plug from the headphones into the green port on the front panel. Your audio device is considered working in the event that, by connecting it properly, you will hear a sound coming from it, not from the speakers.
2. If it so happens that the internal train is still unconnected, you can try to solve this problem yourself. To do this, experts recommend the back side to turn the system unit towards you. Inside, you are sure to see two wiring with connectors jack type 3.5. One of them is designed for speakers or headphones (green), and the second for a microphone (pink). Simply connect the required connectors.
3. If the sound does not continue to flow to the front panel of your computer, then most likely you will need to contact the service center or the computer store where the goods were purchased.
3. How to connect the headphones to the computer. Wireless connection
1. First of all, make sure that a special adapter is included with the purchased device. Without it you will not be able to connect headphones.
2. Connect the same adapter to the corresponding computer connector. As a rule, the drivers are loaded automatically and after a few seconds a message appears on the monitor indicating that a new device has been found and ready for use.
3. In the case of headphones, do not forget to install the batteries. If the audio device itself has a switch, turn it on.