How to cut and paste in Photoshop?
Watch the video
The ability to cut and paste in Photoshop refersto the basics of work in this program. With these skills, you can easily combine several photos in one, make montage or even animate the picture for use in online diaries.
To master the basic capabilities of the most common graphic editor is not at all difficult.
Earlier we touched on this topic in the articles How to cut an object in Photoshop and How to insert a picture into a picture in Photoshop.
How to cut in Photoshop
As a rule, under the notion of "cut"means the creation of a layer from an image or part of it for further work on it, for example, moving to another picture. To do this, it is convenient to use the following tools:
- Rectangular area - allows you to capture the desired detail in a square;
- Oval area - allows you to capture an object in a circle or an oval;
- Lasso - selection of objects of arbitrary forms manually;
- Straight Lasso - selects the object manually using straight lines;
- Magnetic lasso - allows you to select a detail on the boundaries of colors automatically.
To cut a face from an already open photo you need:
- choose the tool "Magnetic Lasso" (so it is more convenient in our case);
- bring the cursor to the border;
- Press the left mouse button and gently stroke the contours of the face (if necessary, put more control points);
- When the path closes, place the cursor inside it and press the right mouse button;
- select "Copy to a new layer".
How to insert in Photoshop
The resulting layer can now be moved inside this photo or transferred outside it to another. For this you need:
- select the "Move" tool in the left pane;
- Click the left mouse button on the new layer and drag it from one photo to another.
Following these instructions, you can createunlimited number of layers. You can select them for later use with the "Layers" panel, which is opened by clicking the button of the same name on the right toolbar.
After inserting, you often need to customize thegeneral proportions, process the edges, align the color balance, and conduct other necessary actions. About some of them you can learn in our article How to change the background in Photoshop.