How to make shugaring at home?
Women use different methods of hair removal, including the use of sugar mass.Shugaring at home- Do you know this procedure? This method is ancient, it was used by oriental beauties. And, despite the invention of all epilators, the use of sweet paste is still popular.
Shugaring - pros and cons of the method
Shugaring at home - the recipe for this type of hair removal is quite simple. In English, "sugar" means "sugar", that's where the name comes from. On the basis of it they cook a viscous, thick paste, with the help of which they make epilation.
Why do many people choose this way of getting rid of excess body hair? Shugaring has many advantages:
- hypoallergenic - most of us sugar mass will not cause allergic reactions, this method is suitable for those who have sensitive skin;
- availability is a very cost effective method, as sugar, water and lemon juice will not empty your wallet;
- hair removal along with the bulb - this prevents the risk of hair ingrowth;
- duration of the result - at least two weeks;
- low risk of injury - unlike waxing, when it is heated to a high temperature, and you do not cut the skin, as is the case with shaving;
- the procedure will deliver less pain compared to the wax method.
How to make shugaring at home - it's easy to learn each of us. This procedure is simple in its technology, just need some experience that will come after several self-performed epilations.
But shugaring has its drawbacks:
- the duration of hair removal - the process takes a lot of time, so you have to be patient;
- short hairs are not removed, you need to grow them at least up to 3-5 mm;
- Very hard hair removal will be problematic.
The main contraindication for shugaring is the presence of diabetes. You can not carry out the procedure and those who have varicose veins or some kind of skin damage, as well as papillomas.
And one more detail about which you should not forget: shugaring at home or in the cabin should not be carried out on the eve of critical days.Why - and just during this period, our sensitivity is exacerbated, and epilation can be more painful than usual.
Home Shugaring Paste - Recipe
So, you decided to shugaring at home. To successfully carry out hair removal, you will need a paste on the basis of sugar consistency viscous caramel. There are special mixes on the market, but you can also weld the mass yourself.
Shugaring paste at homepreparing is quite simple. You only need attention and a little patience.
sugar - 10 tablespoons (no slide);
water - 4 tablespoons;
lemon - the juice of half citrus; If you cook with citric acid, then take half a teaspoon.
We will need a saucepan with a thick bottom, in it we mix all the ingredients, set on a low fire. So that the mass does not burn, constantly stir. Cook under the lid. Gradually, the color of the mixture should become honey or amber. Well, or a touch a little darker than light beer. The main thing is not to digest, so that instead of mass for shugaring you do not have a lollipop.
How in the process of cooking to check whether our pasta is already ready? You can drop a little on the plate and try it with your hand - if it sticks, you need to boil again.
Or this: drop the mixture in a container with water.If the drop quickly hardens, it means that the paste is ready, but when the drop spreads, the readiness is insufficient, you still need to cook.
The cooled mass is used for its intended purpose, and the remains can be stored in a plastic container in a dark and dry place.
Honey Pasta Recipe
Owners of very sensitive skin will suit the version of paste for shugaring with the use of honey. But only if there is no allergy to this product.
honey - 2 tablespoons;
sugar - 250 g;
lemon juice - a quarter cup;
water - 1 tablespoon.
In a saucepan, mix all the ingredients, set to cook on minimal heat. When the mass boils, cover with lid and cook for about 20 minutes. Stir regularly, otherwise our paste will burn. The mass should, after readiness and cooling, have a soft texture, be plastic.
Shugaring at home - how to do?
When making shugaring at home, it is wise to know in advance some of the subtleties and features of the process:
- a day or two before the shugaring procedure, the skin should be prepared: peeling with a scrub or hard washcloth;
- Before epilation, you need to clean the skin, you can not use the cream and lotion, the skin should be dry;
- it is good to apply talc on the area of the skin where the shugaring will be carried out, it is possible to powder - thus it will be easier for the hairs to come into contact with sugar paste;
- mashed paste of paste spread over the skin against hair growth;
- self-removal is performed along the line of growth of hair, in sharp movements, with several jerks;
- a lump of sugar mass is used several times until it retains its elasticity.
Sugar hair removal has another important advantage - it is suitable for all parts of the body: face, underarms, legs.
Even shugaring a bikini area at home is a very popular procedure.
A few more nuances that are important to remember when you do shugaring at home:
- before applying the lump of paste is thoroughly kneaded, it should turn from amber to light and opaque;
- applying paste, try to stretch your skin, so it is easier and more convenient to remove hairs;
- doing shugaring at home, deep bikini can also process sugar paste and remove unwanted hair;
- the remains of the paste can be easily washed off with water, and then a lotion with a calming effect should be applied to the body;
- Since shugaring is a rather long process, the paste cools down, in this case it should be warmed up in a water bath and continue the procedure.
How it is more convenient to remove hair personally for you, you will understand, having tried different techniques of shugaring.
- Manual (it is also called the classic) technique - hair is removed by hand. Apply the paste should be pressed to the skin and properly smooth. Then the layer is taken by the edge and abruptly, in several stages they are torn off along with the hairs. The manual technique is good to use, removing the vegetation on the hands and feet.
- Banding technique - sugar paste is applied in a thin layer using a spatula, or simply with your hands. Then a bandage strip is applied on top (they are cloth and paper) and pressed tightly. Pulling the skin, tear the strip together with the sugar mass and hair. This technique is convenient to use if you want to immediately epilate a large area of skin and in poorly accessible places like the bikini area.
How to conductshugaring at home - videoavailable and understandable talk about the nuances of the process.