How to eat if you have gallstones?
Gallstone disease is a very unpleasant and dangerous disease, which is accompanied by the formation of stones in the gallbladder and ducts. Stones are formed from cholesterol and salt. Often stones appear due to infectious diseases.
Therefore, in order to alleviate the condition of the patient and remove the stones, a clear and balanced diet is necessary. Naturally, the food should be without cholesterol. Combining treatment with a special diet, you can quickly cope with this ailment.
How to eat
The patient is recommended to eat foods rich in unsaturated fats. Not strange, because fats help in the work of the gallbladder, prevent the formation of stones. The correct fats are olive oil, nuts, avocados, fish of certain types.
Symptoms of gallstone disease are different, but always accompanied by back pain under the scapula, bitterness in the mouth, belching. When taking acute and harmful food, alcohol, symptoms worsen and severe pain may occur.
If you have chronic cholecystitis, then you probably already know what to do. The diet menu helps to reduce the load on the damaged organ, creates "peace" for it, enhances the excretion of bile. According to the diet, you need to eat 5 times a day. The main thing is to keep the rhythm and try to eat at the same time. Thus, bile will be removed from the body without harming it.
As already noted, a diet for cholelithiasis requires close attention and control. Moreover, it is required to observe it constantly, from time to time only by giving oneself relief.
Food should be steamed, boiled, baked, and absolutely impossible to fry. Try not to sit down too hot dishes.
List of allowed products:
- Low-fat meat, fish dairy products, hard cheese.
- Allowed up to 3-4 eggs per week, you can also cook an omelet.
- Lean on oatmeal, buckwheat, barley, millet porridge.
- Oils. It is advisable to give preference to this butter, but if it causes unpleasant sensations, it can be replaced with sunflower, olive, linseed, corn. In general, vegetable fats must be present in your diet.
- Any kinds of vegetables, fruits, berries.If possible, make your own juices, eat more greens - parsley, dill. In the diet should be a lot of fresh vegetables, fruits, because they all help to remove bile, preventing the formation of stones. If diarrhea bothers you, rub vegetables through a sieve or make them juices.
List of banned products:
- Fresh bread, pastries.
- Soups with meat, ear.
- Fatty meat - lamb, pork, duck, lard, fatty fish.
- Mushrooms, spinach, sorrel, radishes, radish.
- Canned food, smoked meats, caviar, ice cream, products with cream, chocolate.
- Legumes, mustard, pepper, horseradish, black coffee, cocoa.
Once again about nutrition
Diet for cholelithiasis also involves eating foods rich in magnesium and fiber. Magnesium salts act in such a way that eliminates spasm, have anti-inflammatory effect.
Proposed in the diet products that can give the body the right amount of magnesium salts. For all its benefits, if you are ill with gastritis or an ulcer foods with a high content of magnesium are contraindicated.
With exacerbation of symptoms, the first days need to starve, taking only liquid. Further, gradually recommended food is introduced into the diet.
Example of diet menu for gallstone disease
- Breakfast: a portion of oatmeal with bran, a cup of tea with lemon.
- The second breakfast: shredded boiled beets with a spoon of any vegetable oil.
- Lunch: lean borscht, barley porridge with raisins, rosehip broth.
- Tea time: a glass of quince juice.
- Dinner: cottage cheese with dried apricots, you can also make cheesecakes or cottage cheese pudding, tea.
- Breakfast: millet porridge with a piece of butter, green tea.
- The second breakfast: a handful of soaked dried apricots.
- Lunch: lean soup, boiled chicken with carrot salad, apple.
- Lunch: a portion of cucumber and cabbage salad, a glass of juice.
- Dinner: steamed chicken cutlets, diluted juice.
As you can see, there are many recipes, and on this diet you can eat tasty and healthy. Do not forget about cooking technology, because the recommended meat can easily turn into poison if it is fried.
Such a diet should be strictly adhered to at least a month, then on due to the state of your health, you decide whether to continue.
It should be noted that one diet is not enough. Be sure to contact your doctor, who will prescribe medication.
You may need surgery, then the postoperative diet will be even stricter.
Whatever it was, remember that it is easier to prevent the disease than to treat it, so try to adhere to a similar dietary pattern always, limit the use of alcohol, fatty, fried. And be healthy!