How to install Windows XP drivers?
Windows XP is already installed on the computer. But that is not all. Perhaps not all the drivers are installed. How to install Windows XP drivers?
Steps for installing drivers
- Identify the device models for which drivers are needed and their manufacturers.
- Search for drivers for a computer or laptop.
- Installing drivers.
To determine which devices are installed in your computer or laptop, you need to use a special utility Everest. It may well be a demo version. You can also use AIDA 64.
- Download the utility and run it.
- Find out which devices require driver installation. To do this, go to the Devices tab, and then click Windows Devices.
- The window to the right shows the entire list of drivers in the system. A yellow question mark indicates devices on which no driver was found.
- It is necessary to determine what kind of devices,model and manufacturer. To do this, click on the device itself. At the bottom of the window, information about the device appears. The line "Hardware IDs VEN and DEV" is of interest. The VEN or VID number is the manufacturer's code. The DEV or PID number identifies the device model itself. If the utility is familiar with this device, then by these numbers it will identify it and write the name. This is done for all unknown devices.
- Record all this in a list.
You can start searching for drivers. You can download the drivers for WindowsXP either on the sites of manufacturers, or on sites where there is a selection of different drivers, you can also ask for help on specialized forums. After the necessary drivers are found, you can start installing them.
- You should start the driver installation from the drivervideo card and chipset. The chipset for one laptop model is usually the same, but the graphics cards may differ, depending on the configuration. Using Everest, you can determine which video card is installed.
- Next, drivers for Wi-Fi adapter, sound card, network drivers for Windows XP, Bluetooth adapter, Web-camera and other devices are installed.
A few tips
If there is a modem, then the driver is put on itafter the drivers on the sound card. The drivers for TV tuners, web cameras, fingerprint scanners, Bluetooth adapters are usually put in two stages: the driver is initially installed on this device, and then the program for working with it is already installed.
- Put the driver on the touchpad. Together with it, drivers must be installed for the operation of individual buttons.
- Also you need to put the driver on the card reader. In Windows, they are often not.
- Sometimes it is required, besides the drivers, to installutilities for additional buttons. Each manufacturer has its own utility. Without these utilities, brightness, sound and other buttons may not work.
From the materials of this article it became clear howInstall Windows XP drivers. It is told in it how to determine which devices require their installation. On various Internet services you can find and download the necessary drivers for Windows XP SP3 and other versions of Windows XP. On installing the drivers on the sound card, you can also read on our website: "How to install the driver on the sound?".