How to make heels smooth and beautiful at home
We used to carefully care for the skin of the face and other, most visible areas of the body, but for some reason, the skin of the feet is often ignored. And unfairly: after all, it is on the feet every day that we have the most pressure when we walk around the city and sit in tight, closed shoes! And we remember about the care of the heels only when the situation becomes completely neglected. What you need to do to keep your heels smooth and beautiful? We share proven tips.
Wear comfortable shoes
First and foremost advice. For some reason, many women are accustomed to sacrificing the comfort of their own legs to beauty, choosing beautiful, fashionable, but completely uncomfortable shoes for everyday wear. And in this case, the care of the heels and feet turns into a Sisyphean task: what is the point in additional procedures, when you wear the same shoes every morning that cause trouble to your feet?
From tight, narrow, or, conversely, too loose shoes, our heels are getting coarser, and calluses and "natoptish" appear on the fingers and toes. Not to mention the fact that in shoes made of artificial materials, feet sweat and acquire fungus, and high heels harm not only feet and legs in general, but also posture. Smooth heels with regular wear of such shoes can be obtained only in the same way regularly visiting beauty salons with the services of medical, and then the usual hardware pedicure. But are fashionable shoes worth such sacrifices and costs?
Many people suffer from corns in almost any shoe, especially in the summer when their feet are constantly sweating. Or just can not afford to buy expensive, but soft and "breathable" leather shoes. In this case, to keep the heels smooth and tender, you have to fork out a little for other auxiliary things.
- Use silicone liners: insoles or heels. They soften the contact with a solid product, prevent skin rubbing when walking and fix the leg if the shoes are a bit too large. You can buy a liner of any size. They are sold in some shoe stores and over the Internet.
- In some cases, it does not make sense to spend money on silicone inserts, because ordinary foot pads, or “tracks,” sometimes help to prevent the appearance of wet and dry calluses on the feet and heels. Of course, they are not always worth wearing, especially along with open summer shoes, where the heel can be given out, but for closed shoes they can be a real salvation, preventing unnecessary friction.
- And, of course, sometimes it is worthwhile not to spare money on a high-quality plaster, which should be glued not only when the corn has already appeared, but also before the walk, in order to prevent rubbing of the problem area.
Use baby cream
Another tip on how to make your heels smooth and, in principle, how to care for your heels is to regularly lubricate them with baby cream twice a day: in the morning and in the evening. In the morning, the cream can be applied with a rather thin layer that is easily absorbed into the skin, but at night you can apply the cream thickly and copiously. Wear warm cotton socks on top of your feet - and you can sleep.
It may seem like sleeping in such socks is very hot and disgusted by the feeling of greasy cream on the heels, but in fact it is quite a comfortable process,unless you do it in the summer heat.
But the effect is worth it: the skin will cease to crack, peel and dry. This simple procedure does not take too much time, but it will permanently allow you to refuse the service of a hardware pedicure.
In order not to forget to use the cream, take the habit of caring for the heels immediately after using the cream for the face.
We emphasize once again: use baby cream. Yes, there are special creams for corns and other problems of the feet, but it is the baby cream that is the most hypoallergenic, contains a minimum of "chemistry" and is inexpensive because it does not have to overpay for the brand. At the same time he copes with his task with a bang.
Do not use the blade.
Proper heel care should in no case include the use of a blade: neither a special one for a pedicure nor an ordinary razor. Cutting off areas of hardened skin, you provoke a sharp growth of thicker and dense skin, which will reduce your efforts to "no." In addition, at home, you can easily injure yourself with a blade due to inexperience. Better use sawing and pumice - this is longer, but safer.
Do not go barefoot
Many people go home barefoot, and the reasons for this are different. Someone always keeps the floor in perfect cleanliness and therefore does not see the point in slippers, someone saves expensive parquet or heated floor, and for someone walking barefoot seems to be the most comfortable. But our heels think differently. The skin of the feet since the time when a man walked barefoot on stones and earth, learned to adapt to walking barefoot. Therefore, as a protective mechanism, keratinization of the skin on bare heels occurs faster than usual.
If you want to make the heels smooth and soft, you will have to buy an extra pair of socks and walk around the house exclusively in them so that the contact of your heels with the floor is softer. But it is better to refuse slippers: now you can’t often find washing slippers, it’s not very pleasant to walk around in a rubber slipper, and without washing bacteria accumulate in them, which can lead to the formation of fungus. Socks can be washed every day.
Do not forget the peeling
Periodically, you need to arrange exfoliating procedures for your heels that are easily performed at home.In order not to bring to the point of keratinization of the skin when you need to use pumice stone, it is better to frequently take care of your heels in the form of a massage with the use of scrub. You can buy such a tool in the store, or you can prepare it yourself, especially since for a simple and effective scrub you need the simplest products, without frills: sugar and vegetable oil.
Such care for the heels is required 1-2 times a week. The most convenient way to scrub before bedtime. The recipe and instructions may be as follows:
- Clean the skin of the feet of any impurities with soap or gel.
- Pair your feet in warm water, not too hot, for 10-15 minutes. You can add bath foam to the water.
- Then apply a scrubbing agent on your feet and massage them from socks to heels with soft movements, paying special attention to problem areas.Follow the care directly above the bath, so that one foot continues to steam and not cool while rubbing the scrub into the other.
- Rinse off residues with warm water, for example, from the same bath. Apply a greasy cream on well cleaned heels and put on socks made from 100% cotton.
You can peel off the stratum corneum on the heels with other home remedies. We suggest you try an effective remedy for dry and cracked feet from the available means - apple cider vinegar and glycerin, which is sold in a pharmacy. Detailed recipe and method of use, see the following video: