How to return the money if they were cheated by an ATM?
If the ATM fails, then you may well be left without the money just deposited into your account, or even without a check. The situation is not pleasant, but you can get your money back if you act quickly and competently. About what to do if the ATM zajeval money - we tell below.
What to do if the ATM ate money
First of all - do not panic. If you deposited money on the card through an ATM, and the figure in the account still has not changed, then there is a possibility that a short-term failure occurred in the system, which will be corrected in a couple of hours. If this does not happen, you will have to contact the bank branch for a solution to the problem - this will be discussed below.
Waiting will not help if the ATM zasheval money, or found them wrong. Although in this case, there is also a possibility that the car will give you a cash balance a little later, but it is not known when exactly.It is unlikely that you will stand idle all this time in anticipation, and when the bills will still be issued, they can be picked up by some other ATM user or bystander who finds himself at a good time in a good place. And then how to get the money back will become a much more difficult problem.
What you need to contact the bank
Even more interesting is the question of what to do if the ATM zasheval money and did not issue a check - how to prove that the car kept your bills? Of course, first of all, it is necessary to fix all the necessary data that prove where, when and under what circumstances the problem occurred. So, before contacting the bank, be sure to record:
- At what time the bank operation was performed - specify it up to hours and minutes, do not forget to also record the date.
- Write down the exact address of the location of the faulty ATM, as well as its personal number, which is most often indicated on the front of the device.
- Write the exact amount you deposited and the amount the ATM charged.
- Pay attention and write down whether the surveillance camera has a camera whose records can be a confirmation of your words.
You can immediately take a picture of the failure message that appeared on the display — this will confirm both the fact of the problem and the approximate time of the failure — it will be contained in the information about the creation of the image.
Which bank can solve your problem?
Naturally, if you use an ATM within any bank branch, then contact its employees. But what to do if the ATM chewed money in a different situation?
- In the case when an ATM belongs to one organization, and your card is another, you need to deal with the bank that owns the ATM.
- Are you abroad and do not know a foreign language well? You will have to contact the bank that owns your card, but it will take a long time - about two months, since you will have to perform a cross-border banking operation.
How to get your money back
When you recorded the data about which we wrote above, try to immediately call the hotline of the bank. The phone number can often be found on the map, sometimes at an ATM.Do not go away from the device - they can tell you what to do right away in a telephone mode if the ATM zaved money or incorrectly counted it, and sometimes they will accept a request to keep your money with their device.
But nevertheless, they rarely take applications by phone - most likely, they will have to leave the organization with a complaint in writing, leaving a copy for themselves, and preferably two. You need to specify the following in the claim:
- your passport details, full name;
- bank card information;
- ATM address and its number;
- date and time of the banking operation;
- type of transaction;
- the amount you deposited;
- amount held;
- and, of course, the requirement to return your money.
Your application must be accepted at the bank and be registered by issuing you a special number by which you can monitor how your requirement is being fulfilled. If necessary, the bank will conduct an investigation into the fact of your application: check the presence of extra money in the device, view the video from the cameras, find out what operations were carried out on your account. However, it can take an unfixed period of time - from several days to 45 days.
- Remember: you can either submit a claim to the bank with a claim for a refund either on the same day, or on the next - no later.
Do not be afraid to sue
Unfortunately, there are situations when bank employees refuse to accept a statement from the victim and even deny the fact that the ATM has jammed the bills. In this case, there is nothing left to do except to sue the bank. To do this, you need to make a claim with a detailed description of the problems encountered when working with an ATM and the inaction of employees of the banking organization, attaching a copy of the application and a photo from the screen of the ATM - any evidence will be used.
Yes, the trial will be delayed for a long time, but this is the most effective way to get the money back if bank employees do not want to do anything and solve the problem after filing a claim.
- According to users of ATMs who have fallen into a similar situation, speeding up the investigation process is helped by specifying an additional requirement - the issuance of interest for the withholding and use of your money by the bank.
What to consider when using an ATM
A failure in the device can always happen, no one is insured against it, but it’s possible to reduce the risks if you follow these tips:
- Deposit money in installments, not the entire amount at once. It is better not to put more than forty bills in one sitting, and making a whole stack, you should remove the gum, clip, etc. from it.
- You do not need to make a crumpled bill in the ATM, with a damaged surface. Ragged banknotes change in the bank for free to new ones, if they are in the state of payment.
- In frosty weather do not use the devices that are on the street - cold leads to disruptions much more often. It is better to perform the necessary operations through an ATM in a warm bank branch, or immediately through the cashier.