Memorandum: what is it, what is its role
If you try to define the conceptMemorandum, what this legal document means, then its content may vary depending on the scope of its use. It is also an integral part of international diplomatic relations. In the political aspect, the memorandum means multilateral agreements (between states, parties, public organizations), it describes the collective goal of interactions.
Memorandum: what does it mean
A diplomatic document in economic or international relations, which was handed over specifically to a representative of another country.
In different companies it can be a service certificate or a memorandum.
In the trading area - a letter with a reminder of some matter.
In insurance policies - a list of hazards, insurance against which is not carried out.
Acts as a restrictor, which is established by the distribution company of the film, shares and discounts for film distributors.
A document for everything that captures memory.
An investment memorandum is a document,containing information that is intended for potential investors. It can be interpreted in absolutely different meanings, and a memorandum (the meaning of the word from the Latin memorandum) - means something that must always be remembered.
It is as follows:
- Introductory part (includes data on the actual side of the problem, and also in general discloses the essence of the document).
- The main part (specifies specifically what is in the documentation, detailed legal analysis and assessment of difficulties and tasks).
- References to laws and articles (it is better to remember aboutthe importance of referring to the norms of legislation, but the document should not be full of names of laws). The best and more applicable option would be to indicate them in footnotes. It is also preferable to depart from your interpretation of the articles of the laws and leave only official comments.
- Written warning of the consequences of the decisionor his absence, which is fixed in the main part of the problem or task. This part of the document should explain the consequences of problems and the best ways to solve them. A lawyer working on the creation of a memorandum, offers solutions that will be optimal for the client in the circumstances of this situation.
- The final stage, theses conclusions.
Let's find out, the memorandum - what is it, forwhich is necessary. As a rule, it is used in the internal policy of a particular company or working group. It differs from the business letter with less formality and brevity of presentation. There are usually no welcome and closing proposals. It is important to note that the memorandum as a document has its own specifics of registration.
Subtlety of design
This paper speaks about the changes or proposes to take part in any business.
The most effective memorandums - what is it? This is the link between the author and the goals of the addressee, they are designed to solve problems.
The right to create a document is everything: from a junior contractor to the company's superiors.
When writing a memorandum, you need to know what information the addressees have, what they need to convey.
There are three styles of building a memorandum (what is it, we have already found out):
- Direct - in the beginning we describe the most important thing, and only then we deal with detailing. Usually in this style they write about current affairs or some news.
- Reverse - in the beginning there is a context, then conclusions. As a rule, they write about something very unusual when you want to interest someone with something and bring him to the right conclusion.
- Combined - so inform about bad news.
Memorandum: how to compile correctly
Before drawing up a document, you need to thinkfirst of all about its audience, it should be understandable, readable for all. The memorandum is required to submit a detailed legal assessment with a generalized conclusion.
Better avoid using complex,swirling and unclear judgments that can enter into the stupor of ordinary workers. The optimal approach will be the maintenance of one thematic line in one sentence. Since this document can be read not only by narrow specialists, it is better to approach the problem systematically and step by step.
The format of the document must be observed. The semantic load of the text should be clear to any person.
If there are any applications to your paper, be sure to inform employees about them.
It is better to use a business style: you need to speak in the first person, take simple and understandable words. Be informal in acceptable limits and, of course, specific and precise in terms and arguments.
Before you decide to send a memorandum, it is better to read it carefully several times.
We have briefly familiarized ourselves with this concept,as a memorandum - what it is and what is needed. We have disassembled its essence and structure, variants of construction, types. We hope that our simple tips will help you in creating this document.