Severe pain in the abdomen, giving back
Pain in the abdomen, giving in the lower back, isfrequent complaints of patients. Determine the cause of their occurrence by one symptom is impossible. To correctly diagnose, the doctor prescribes a complete examination of the body. Pathologies that provoke such a symptomatology are many. Some of them endanger human life.
Doctors strongly recommend to those patients,who experience pain in the abdomen, give in the lower back, must be examined by the doctor. It is absolutely unacceptable to "drown out" uncomfortable discomfort with anesthetics.
Causes of pain in women
Most often, such discomfort is faced by women. It is even called "female" pain. Although an unpleasant syndrome is often observed in men.
Pain in the lower abdomen of women can arise fromfor a variety of reasons. But most often the source of pathology is closely related to gynecological problems. The most common causes of discomfort are:
- Premenstrual syndrome.Such pains occur shortly before the onsetcycle and during it. At the heart of discomfort are the changes taking place in the uterus. It increases in size, strains. As a result, the woman experiences aching pain in the lower abdomen. This condition is accompanied by increased irritability and nervousness. The nature of pain can take a cramping character. This phenomenon is associated with active contraction of the uterus.
- Adnexitis. Inflammatory processes in the ovaries and tubes that have a chronic course also cause pain in the lower abdomen in women.
- Endometriosis. Various pathologies of the uterus (bend) and inflammatory processes lead to unpleasant discomfort.
- Candidiasis, colpitis, trichomoniasis.The source of pain can be inflammatory infectious processes in the vagina.
Often pulling sensations cause tumors:
- ovarian cyst (polycystosis);
- a fibroid;
- cervical cancer;
- swelling of the ovaries.
When torsion or rupture of the cyst, decayfibroids, tumors, a critical situation arises. A woman experiences acute pain, accompanied by hyperthermia, vomiting, nausea. Such symptomatology signals the onset of peritonitis. The only way to save life is immediate surgical intervention.
Pain in pregnancy
Often, future moms pulls the abdomen and lower back. With such symptoms it is necessary to consult a doctor. It can be caused by completely innocuous reasons. But sometimes it signals serious pathologies.
Doctors identify the most common sources of discomfort:
- Dangerous pathologies. They arise, as a rule, on the initial terms. The presence of pain can indicate a threat of miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy. In some cases, discomfort is associated with premature detachment of the placenta.
- Diseases of the intestines. Fetal growth exerts pressure on the internal organs. In this regard, a woman can face a variety of intestinal diseases.
- Natural causes. At the final stage of pregnancy, this discomfort indicates the approach of labor. Often, pain occurs with false bouts.
In the presence of discomfort in a pregnant womanit is necessary to inform the doctor or call an ambulance. After all, at stake is not only the life of a woman, but also the fate of an unborn baby.
Discomfort in men
Pain in the abdomen and lower back can be observed inthe stronger sex. If women are very often characterized by gynecological pathologies, in men, such discomfort can provoke diseases of the genital area.
Sources of pain can be:
- Inguinal hernia.In the initial stages, it easily refreshes. If there is an infringement, then there is a serious risk to health. The contents of the hernial sac may become dead. Unfortunately, intestinal loops often fall into it. In this case, obstruction and peritonitis may develop. The following symptoms can be indicative of infringement of a hernia: sharp pain, constantly increasing; protrusion does not lend itself to correction, it is painful when palpated and strained. The patient experiences repeated vomiting, nausea, hiccoughs, a complete absence of stools, and no exhaust gases.
- Prostatitis, orchitis, orchitis.Such pathologies can be provokedtransferred infection (mumps, scarlatina, influenza) or sexually transmitted diseases (chlamydia, gonorrhea). Illnesses are accompanied by aching, unsharp pains. In case of an exacerbation, the discomfort is greatly increased. With acute prostatitis, there may be difficulties during urination, excretion of pus from the urethra. Such symptoms are accompanied by signs of intoxication.
Pain in the abdomen, giving back, can arise as a result of diseases common to women and men:
- Appendicitis. The patient is facing acute bouts of pain. Possible loss of consciousness. Sometimes there is nausea, vomiting.
- Kidney disease.The pain is aching. When exacerbated, she becomes colicky. Can be accompanied by impaired urination.
- Ulcerative colitis.Pathology is combined with flatulence, bloating. In case of exacerbation, pain resembles intestinal spasms.
- Venereal diseases.They begin to be acute. The patient experiences hyperthermia, discharge and pain in the genital area.
- Inflammation of the intestine.There is severe diarrhea, vomiting. In feces may be present blood and mucus.
Consider the symptoms of diseases that cause unpleasant discomfort, in detail.
An exacerbation of pathology can cause excruciating symptoms. Characteristic signs of an unpleasant disease are:
- A sudden sharp pain in the abdomen began. It appears a few minutes after eating.
- The patient experiences nausea. After her comes an acidic vomiting, after which the patient feels some relief.
- Discomfort often occurs on an empty stomach. Constantly there are nocturnal pains. They disappear after eating.
- The pain is combined with heartburn.
- With physical exertion, discomfort in the epigastric region is greatly enhanced. Feeling decreases at rest. The patient experiences relief in the position when the legs are bent and pressed against the stomach.
- Discomfort is able to spread even on the chest.
- An intolerable sensation is felt by the patient, if the stomach hurts and gives back.
This complication is relatively rarephenomena. In pathology, there is a rather specific symptom. The patient's stomach and back are hurting simultaneously. The discomfort in the stomach is combined with the "plank" surface of the peritoneum.
In addition to this specific symptomatology, the perforated ulcer is characterized by additional signs:
- Unbearable pain, which arose suddenly. Patients, describing it, compare the discomfort with the knife in the stomach.
- The patient freezes in a certain position. He tries not to breathe.
- The occurrence of pain is most often observed in the right side or in the central part above the navel.
- Unpleasant discomfort very quickly spreads throughout the abdomen. The patient experiences a sharp pain in the back. Localized discomfort can be under the scapula, in the right shoulder, under the collarbone.
There is a tension in the muscles of the peritoneum. The abdomen becomes extremely hard. It is described as a "board".
Inflammation of the pancreas
In case of acute inflammation of the gland, the patientexperiencing pain in the abdomen, giving in the lower back. Discomfort appears as a result of an acute attack of pancreatitis. With this pathology, pancreatic tissue is destroyed. The proximity of the gland and lower back causes discomfort in the lower back.
The main symptoms that pancreatitis manifests are:
- shingles pain;
- vomiting that does not bring relief to the patient;
- the onset of nausea;
- dryness in the oral cavity;
- rapid pulse;
- increased pressure;
- sticky sweat;
- the skin becomes pale;
- the face is sharpened.
At a pathology the symptomatology is shown extremelybright. At the initial stages the patient can not always determine why there was a specific discomfort. The person feels, that the pain in the bottom of a stomach or belly gives in a loin. Very often the patient tries to cope with this phenomenon on his own. Taking pathology for pain in the stomach, he uses a variety of drugs for the treatment of gastrointestinal ailments. This approach is completely wrong. To timely recognize the pathology, you need to know the main signs that accompany hepatic colic.
An unpleasant condition often causes the following symptoms:
- There is a nausea, which gives way to repeated vomiting. It does not bring relief to the patient.
- Suddenly, there is a sharp pain. Initially, it is localized in the right hypochondrium region. Discomfort quickly spreads to the right shoulder, neck, back, shoulder blade, covers the entire abdomen.
- The skin becomes pale and damp. To this symptomatology, mild jaundice of the epidermis and sclera can be added.
- The patient has a dark shade of urine, discolored feces.
- The patient feels a bloating. The phenomenon is accompanied by acute pain during palpation. The muscles of the peritoneum are very tense. For this pathology is often characterized by a specific symptom of Ortner. Tapping an edge of the palm over the lower right ribs causes a sharp increase in painful sensations.
Symptomatic pathology is very similar to hepatic colic. The patient complains that the lower abdomen hurts, he gives back.
Doctors identify specific signs that make it easy to identify the presence of acute cholecystitis:
- Symptom Ortner. Fingering with the edge of the palm on the right costal arch provokes a sharp increase in pain discomfort.
- Symptom Ker.Deep palpation of the gallbladder region, carried out on inhalation, causes sharply increased pain.
- Frenicus is a symptom.Unpleasant discomfort occurs during pressure on the area of the sternocleidomastoid muscle.
- Symptom Obraztsova.When the right leg is fully straightened, the pain is greatly increased.
Exit the stone from the kidney
If the pain suddenly appears and reaches such a strength that the patient rushes in bed, without finding a place, groans, that is, the probability of movement of the calculus. A person acutely has a stomach ache and pulls.
This symptomatology is accompanied by the following features:
- discomfort extends to the waist region, gives to the perineum;
- frequent urge to urinate;
- The culprits of the condition are often overeating watermelon or drinking a lot of mineral water.
Sometimes it is not possible to find out the reason for the pain in the abdomen and lower back. Complex biochemical analyzes, MRI, ultrasound do not determine diseases. However, a person experiences severe discomfort.
In such cases, the neurological nature of the syndrome is suspected. The patient is sent for consultation to a neurologist.
The causes of discomfort are often hidden in the following pathologies:
- helminthic invasions;
Diseases of the musculoskeletal system
Drawing pain in the abdomen can be provoked by various pathologies. Sometimes at the heart of discomfort are diseases:
- intervertebral hernia localized in the lumbosacral region;
- scoliosis of this department.
Causes of unpleasant sensations in the zonebelly and waist, a great many. It is extremely difficult to understand them independently. Incorrect therapy can seriously worsen a patient's condition. The only correct solution in case of pain arises is to seek help from doctors.