Textured plaster helps create a unique decoration and creation of a unique look of a room or facade. This material is universal, because it can be applied to almost any surface - the quality of the coating will hardly differ.
What kind of textured plaster?
It is important to understand that textured plaster is divided into types and differs from standard painting: if the second one is used for processing walls, then textured one is decorative in nature and is most often used at the final stage of finishing the room.
Textured plaster of bark beetle is divided into types according to the binder composition and the structure of the substance itself, which creates the visual effect of volume.
Views by structure
By its structure, this material is divided into the following types:
- fur coat;
- bark beetle;
- plaster paint.
The texture of the plaster directly depends on the shape and size of the grains used to create the substance and on the technology of creating the plaster itself. Very common is the bark beetle plaster. It has high adhesion properties and aesthetic qualities. Bark beetle is a versatile material that is often used indoors. In addition, the bark beetle is presented in a wide range, so everyone can choose the desired type of material.
Based on the structure of this material, you should choose the tool for work - a brush, spatula or roller.
Plaster by type of binder
In addition to the structure of this material is also different in its composition, namely the binder contained in it.
Thus, there are the following types:
Mineral based on cement.
Such a textured plaster is applied with a roller to almost any mineral base, before use, the dry mixture is diluted with plain water. Due to its obvious advantages - incombustibility and vapor permeability, it is used as a heater for exterior decoration of rooms.
Plaster on the basis of acrylic resins.
Excellent climatic stability of this plaster allows to apply it on almost all mineral surfaces, as well as on old coatings on a dispersion basis. The composition is a complete mixture, ready to use without additional dilution.
Silicate stucco based on potash glass.
The main advantage of this type of plaster is the possibility of applying not only to mineral bases, but also to silicate surfaces. For this great tool such as a roller. Plaster differs vapor permeability, but is rarely used not only because of the difficulties in processing and the meager amount of color solutions, but also because of its increased toxicity.
All types and types of textured plaster have different applications, and in order not to be mistaken with the choice, you need to know which plaster is used for a specific surface - this will directly affect the quality of the applied ordinary plaster and its service life.
Areas of use
Textured plaster bark beetle is a fairly common material, which, thanks to its excellent aesthetic qualities and reliability of finishing, has gained widespread demand.This material is used for repairs in private homes and apartments, offices and other premises. Textured plaster in the interior looks original and unusual, so you can meet it quite often.
The features of the use of this building materials include the following:
- In most cases, silicate and silicone plaster is used for ordinary finishing and processing of facades - it is this one that can withstand the strongest loads, withstand adverse weather conditions, cope with strong winds and not collapse under the influence of external conditions and factors.
- Mineral plaster or bark beetroot plaster is most often used for interior decoration of rooms and for decorating rooms - there is a wide variety of colors and the ability to create a unique texture of the walls or ceiling, moreover, it is much easier to apply. However, these types of plaster are also applicable to the treatment of the exterior of buildings.
How not to be mistaken in the choice of textured plaster
Decorative decoration of any room requires close attention.Therefore, it is important to treat the choice of material that will be used for finishing with a special responsibility. It is necessary to take into account both the peculiarities of the room where the repair will be carried out and the peculiarities of the plaster itself, which will be used to decorate the interior.
And using "textured plaster with your own hands", it should be remembered that the quality of the work done depends largely on the material itself and on the tools. The most convenient in work is considered the roller.
First of all, it is important to pay attention to such factors as:
- Transportation of material. Plaster in large quantities should be supplied by the seller, but if such a service is not provided, it is important to take care of the transport of the material in advance.
- Material consumption per square meter. It is necessary to correctly calculate the amount of plaster needed in order to avoid unforeseen situations involving additional purchases of material. If you use a roller, the flow will be less.
- The time required for complete drying of the plaster.
- Possible ways of painting and puttying the surface. In this case, pay attention to the possibility of putty walls. Perhaps see the master class putty.
- Types of grain plaster itself and technology putty. Types of putty will open a master class.
It should be borne in mind that decorative mineral plaster comes in paper packaging and serious problems may arise during transportation - high sensitivity to moisture can create trouble when the packaging is broken, and then you need to replace the putty with a new one.
However, the main advantage in choosing just such a plaster is the convenience of storage, ease of application, provided the putty walls and affordable price. In addition, almost any convenient roller will be suitable for its use.
Acrylic plaster is more resistant to storage conditions, moreover, it is much more convenient to transport it - there is always a handle on a plastic container, and the use of this container is possible even after applying bark beetle putty. The master class on the video in the network will tell about everything.
Finishing with the help of a dry mixture often constitutes a whole problem - it is necessary to dilute the mixture in the correct proportions, which is very difficult without the necessary experience for filling the walls. Therefore, you can see the master class putty walls. The advantage of pre-mixes obvious - nothing need to breed, respectively, such a mixture can be applied directly.
Finishing with a dry mixture requires not only extra time and effort. It needs to be prepared exactly as long as it is necessary for processing at once - the plaster can simply dry out while you are preparing the spatula or roller for work. When using the usual ready-made mixture of such problems simply does not arise.
Mineral material does not imply fine grains in its composition, therefore applying bark beetle of textured plaster can cause certain difficulties - the roller for creating volume here will definitely not work. In turn, acrylic plaster is produced with a variety of grains, so that any tool, such as a spatula or a roller, is suitable for processing and creating relief.
Another important difference between acrylic and mineral plaster is the consumption of material. Acrylic is used much more economically, so that the cost of such a plaster is much less. Moreover, it should be borne in mind that acrylic plaster dries completely in seven days, and mineral drying requires four times more time.
Basic rules for applying material
Finishing by this impressive material is carried out on special technology. To achieve a high-quality and aesthetic result, the decorative mixture is applied in several stages:
- Foundation preparation- cleaning of the old finish and alignment of the walls. You should also ensure that the surface was dry.
- Padding.It is important to clean up the quality primer and after processing, before proceeding further, wait until the walls are completely dry.
- Sandblasting- it will improve adhesion. Processing with such a substance requires knowledge of the technology of work, so first it is desirable to view a master class on the application of such material.
- Plastering decorative texture mix.For use in the interior of the apartment is perfect plaster bark beetle. To make such work can as a special master repair, and an inexperienced person.It is important to remember that the substance is applied in two layers, and follow the rule: the harder the drawing, the thinner the layers need to be made and the more their number.
- Surface decoration.With the help of special translucent inks, you can give the base a slight shine. In addition, decorative paint will help protect the walls from external factors.
In more detail will get acquainted with technology of works, it is possible having viewed, a special master class on processing of surfaces similar materials.