The best sleeping pills of the new generation: list, recommendations for use
Good hypnotic drugs will help to relieve stress, mental disorders, stress, relax all muscles of the body. Insomnia is a frequent occurrence (especially in the elderly), and many traditional medicines do not have the desired effect and are simply useless.
The selection of drugs must be correct, self-treatment is excluded. First, it is recommended to get acquainted with the principle of action of the main groups of drugs, not to abuse the dosages.
How to act?
Herbal preparations produce a sedative effect, are sold without a prescription and do not cause negative actions in the body. It can be taken with mild insomnia at night.
When choosing drugs, age is taken into account:
- Children under 3 years old can take only light medications (Alora, Persen) with a soporific effect.
- Many medicines are contraindicated for pregnant women and it is advisable to limit the use of herbal infusions for sleep disorders (hawthorn, lime blossom, mint, chamomile, lemon balm) in the initial periods. Starting from week 13, you can take Persen, Kratal, Novo-Passit, Passionflower, but in moderate doses, but oregano, St. John's wort and thyme should be eliminated to avoid raising the tone of the uterus, provoking miscarriage.
- Men can take ordinary hops, they contain phytoestrogens with a calming effect, or Corvalol, sodium bromide, potassium bromide, sold without a prescription.
- Elderly people who have frequent insomnia due to changes in many structures in the body and the appearance of intermittent shallow breathing are recommended drugs - Melaxen and Donormil (but in reduced doses). Moreover, it is necessary to take into account contraindications. We will not allow the use of sleeping pills in case of apnea (stop breathing in a dream) against the background of reduced tone of pharyngeal muscles and narrowing of the lumen.
With age, the respiratory center becomes less active and sensitive, begins to experience oxygen starvation.Episodic apnea can occur in people of age and can be quite long. Against the background of which develops hypertensive crisis, angina. The risks of heart attacks, strokes increase significantly.
Insomnia in children is especially dangerous, so if you have a bad sleep, frequent waking up at night, you should see the baby as a neuropathologist.
The main groups of drugs
There are two groups of hypnotic drugs: weak and potent. When choosing, it is necessary to take into account the causes of insomnia and other associated symptoms, in particular, diseases that can provoke poor sleep.
The list of such drugs should include the following:
- barbiturates that can lead to a strong modification of the structure of sleep;
- benzodiazepine derivatives (Triazolam, Mezapam, Eunooktin, Flunitrazepam, Lorazepam), but can adversely affect the nervous system, lead to the development of addiction syndrome in case of abrupt cessation of dosing or reduction of doses, additional unpleasant symptoms (nausea, hand tremor, seizures) may occur;
- GGMK or group 3 of sleeping pills to provide a sedative effect,normalization of the phase of slow sleep and sleep time, these drugs are not addictive.
Strong action products
Potent hypnotic drugs can trigger a sharp reduction in REM sleep. It is recommended to take only for serious disorders. Moreover, many groups are sold only by prescription and can lead to side effects. The choice must be agreed with the doctor beforehand.
Today, there are several groups of hypnotic drugs of 1-3 generations:
- Barbiturates (hypnotics, derivatives of barbituric acid): Phenobarbital, Chloralhydrate, Barbamil, Amital, Estimate to calm, relieve excessive anxiety and excitability, provide sedative, amnestic, anticonvulsant effects. These are drugs of the 1st generation, but they are considered the most dangerous hypnotics and are not well tolerated. Sleep becomes narcotic. The duration of the effect is 8-10 hours, but long-term use may lead to decreased attention, drowsiness and lethargy during the daytime. In addition, addictive and addictive. For example, after taking Phenobarbital, there may be side effects - vomiting,bradycardia, dizziness, decrease in blood pressure. In case of overdose - suppression of respiratory, vasomotor activity. In the case of an overdose, even fatal poisoning and other unpleasant health effects are possible.
- Benzodiazepines (Neozepam, Eunooktin, Triazolam, Flurazepam, Nizatrepam, Fenazepam) are good 2nd generation tranquilizers, soothing antiepileptic, anticonvulsant sedatives. The degree of hypnotic effects depends on the doses taken. A sharp reduction in doses and cessation of treatment may lead to withdrawal syndrome, an unpleasant effect on the respiratory center and a side effect - hand tremor, obstructive sleep apnea, nausea, vomiting, dizziness. When respiratory failure taking benzodiazepines is unacceptable. The oppression of the respiratory center can be fatal.
- GABA (gamma-amic acid): Phenibut for the normalization of the slow-sleep phase and sleep time, providing a nootropic effect.
- Z-remedies (Zopiclone) as strong hypnotics with a mild effect that can displace the above-mentioned hypnotics, although the safest with a mild toxic effect among other means.The list of restrictions on the reception can be counted as: pregnancy, impaired breathing, children under 12 years old, lactation period. The drugs in this group do not have a significant effect on the sleep phase in humans. It proceeds as physiological. The period of elimination from the body is 1-3 hours. As a rule, rapid elimination from the body does not lead to drowsiness during the daytime, so it is best to take at night.
- Antihistamines for blocking N-1 receptors for sleep disorders (Donormil). Action time up to 8 hours. Sleep is normal for the whole night. Contraindicated in children under 15 years old, people with kidney problems and outflow of urine, lactase deficiency, congenital galactosemia, apnea.
It is not recommended to take strong sleeping pills for the elderly. In case of an overdose, convulsions and signs of renal failure may appear.
For non-prescription drugs should be attributed to the infusions of herbs –ypir leaves melissa, hawthorn on alcohol to relieve nervousness, mild insomnia, anxiety. These are safe, inexpensive sleeping pills and can be found at any pharmacy.
Let out herbal preparations in the form of tablets from dry herbs (lavender, hops cones, valerian root):
- Melaxen- as a hormone of the pineal gland with the provision of sedative effects, settling wakefulness and sleep cycles Does not worsen state of health during daylight hours. The drug has a short action, helps a person fall asleep quickly. It is further metabolized to melatonin in the brain. Melaxen, even at higher doses, will not lead to bad consequences.
- Persen- herbal preparation with a short-term action. Helps with occasional sleep disorders.
- Alora(syrup) for children from 3 years old capsules.
- Persen fortesince 12 years old.
- Donormilas an antihistamine blocker. Effectively normalizes night sleep, but reduces daytime performance, leading to weakness, dry mouth. It is not advisable to take in diseases of the liver and kidneys, prostate adenoma, as well as the elderly.
- PhenazepamOTC, but a dangerous drug. It leads to impaired attention and coordination of movements, drowsiness in the daytime. It is impossible to use such sedatives for drivers behind the wheel, the elderly in order to avoid the suppression of the respiratory center, the appearance of wheezing and the occasional cessation of breathing during sleep.
- Novo-Passitto eliminate nervousness, improve sleep.
- Dormiplantfor relaxation, normalization of sleep.
- Valocardine(drops) to provide an antispasmodic, sedative effect.
- Corvalolfor relieving nervousness, irritability.
- Calmin tablets as a good homeopathic remedy to eliminate insomnia, nervous overstimulation. Does not lead to side effects and addiction.
What can be taken by aged people?
In all older people, the structure of sleep changes with age. Insomnia, early awakening are frequent. It is recommended not to resort to potent drugs, but rather to treat insomnia with herbal remedies, other non-drug methods. In addition, it is necessary to take sleeping pills in moderate doses. Perhaps prescription prescription strong sleeping pills in the presence of evidence.
The best soft remedies with sedative effect:
- Phenobarbital(powder, tablets) for anti-epileptic effects. Side effects can be: the appearance of allergic rashes on the body, depression of the central nervous system, blood pressure jumps. You can not take with alcohol insomnia, dysfunctions in the liver and kidneys.
- Andante(capsules) for the normalization of prolonged sleep. Contraindications: male, liver disease, respiratory failure.
- Nozepamwith a short-term effect.
- Temazepamas a harmless drug that does not lead to side effects.
- Persen(capsules, tablets) in the composition of their herbal extract.
- Donormilfor fast falling asleep, improving the quality and duration of sleep. But there may be constipation, paresis, dry mouth. In order to prevent psychosomatic disorders and episodic sleep disorders, it is better to limit to taking infusions selling without a prescription: lemon balm, valerian, motherwort. The drugs calm the nervous system well and are not addictive.
Receiving many sleeping pills increases blood pressure, worsens attention, and memory.It is impossible even after the reception of weak funds to hope for the provision of rapid hypnotic healing, and with constant stress, physical exertion or serious diseases of a number of internal organs, hypnotic tranquilizers may be completely useless. This is especially true for people of age.
Be sure to take into account age, the presence of internal violations. Strong hypnotics can negatively affect the life processes and functions of certain organs in the body.