The rash at the mouth of the child: what diseases cause it?
A rash at the mouth of a child can be a signvarious diseases. It can be a reaction to a sharp change in temperature, an external manifestation of allergies, pathologies in the work of the gastrointestinal tract and other disorders.
Let's look at the main reasons thatcan provoke the appearance of such an "ailment". A rash at the mouth of a child can be a reaction to mosquito bites. Externally, it appears pink or red spots, which are accompanied by severe itching. If in this case the allergy is not manifested, then this symptom does not require specific medication.
However, as a rule, such a symptom as a rash inmouth in a child, is caused by the presence of an allergen in the body. The most common cause is food allergy. In this case, the symptoms are typical:
- Red spots of irregular shape, the appearance of which is accompanied by severe itching.
- The appearance of a rash on the buttocks and cheeks.
- The general condition of the child is broken: it becomes sluggish or, on the contrary, too overexcited.
Very often, an allergy occurs as a result of direct contact of the skin with chemical agents (eg, detergent.)
In a child, a rash around the mouth can be caused by infections of a different nature:
- In children older than a year, this may be a consequence of chicken pox. In addition to the face, the rash appears on other parts of the body, moreover, accompanied by an increase in body temperature.
- A small red rash that was originallyappears on the face, and then spreads through the body, is a symptom of rubella. Approximately on 4-5 days it passes independently, without additional treatment.
- Measles. Its initial manifestation is an increase in body temperature. There is also a cough, and the eyes begin to water.
If the disease occurs without complications, the rash ofmouth in the child in this case does not require treatment. Mandatory measures in this case: abundant drink, fresh air. Sometimes the use of antipyretic drugs is required.
It turns out that a similar symptom is characteristic for bacterial infections:
- Scarlet fever. The child should be immediately taken to the pediatrician for the purpose of special treatment. Children need a plentiful drink, a semi-liquid diet, and abundant warm drink and bed rest. Suck at the mouth of the child, as well as the body, in this case, rough, shallow and fairly abundant,
- Pyoderma. In this case, the spots are irregular in shape and covered with a purulent crust. Treatment of the disease should be carried out under the strict supervision of a dermatologist.
It should be remembered that the rash near the mouth of the childrequires mandatory and immediate treatment to the pediatrician in order to correctly identify the cause of its appearance. Very rarely, it is a symptom of some atypical serious diseases (Lael's disease, pseudofurunculosis or bullous impetigo) that need immediate treatment.
Sometimes a rash occurs in the case of development of blood vessel diseases. In any case, you need to seek the advice of a specialist, because self-medication can lead to irreversible consequences.