Yellow discharge with acidic odor: causes and effects
Yellow discharge in women can sometimes beconsidered as a variant of the norm, however, as a rule, they indicate the presence of a disease. In such a situation, you should always consult a specialist so that he can provide adequate assistance.
Yellow discharge with an acidic odor is not the norm, because even if the natural extracts have a similar consistency, they do not differ in any way with such a fragrance.
Such "mucous smear" can appear directly at the end of menstruation. But it quickly passes.
Yellow discharge with a pungent odor can have several causes of appearance. As a rule, this is due to the presence of certain diseases. Let's look at the main ones:
- Cervical erosion. Due to the fact that it can be a consequence of inflammation of the mucous membranes of the vagina or cervix, yellow discharge with an acidic odor may appear.
- Vaginitis. In the presence of such a disease, mucus of yellow color may appear, which differs to the same specific odor. If vaginitis is bacterial, itching, burning and even soreness can occur during sexual acts.
- The cause may be inflammation of the fallopian tubes orovaries. These diseases are characterized by white or yellow discharge with an acidic odor. If you have these diseases, you should immediately start treatment, because any delay can lead to infertility.
- Sexual infections of various nature. In this case, the discharge is characterized by a foamy consistency and can have not only a yellowish but also a greenish tinge. So, this refers to vulvovaginitis, gonorrhea and other things. It should be remembered that in the absence of adequate treatment, there is a danger of developing an ascending infection (endometritis, adnexitis), which will definitely lead to infertility.
Every woman should know that with any inflammatory disease of the genitourinary system, yellow discharge may appear with a sour smell or even without it.
Such discomfort is not only unpleasant, but also quite dangerous. Therefore, if such signs are found, it is necessary to take measures:
1. If there are discharges that go beyond the norm, it is necessary to consult with a specialist. A woman needs to visit a gynecologist. If there is a chance of contracting a sexually transmitted disease, you need to consult a dermatovenerologist.
2. Undergo an additional examination. In the event that it is required to identify the type of infection and its presence in principle, it is necessary to submit additional tests. Sometimes (at the doctor's discretion) ultrasound diagnosis, a computer tomogram or even tissue biopsy may be required.
If yellow discharge and an unpleasant smell have appeared, it is necessary, in addition to the examination, to strictly follow all medical prescriptions, to undergo a course of treatment to the end.
If yellow discharge is abundant, combined with painand violation of urination, then it is necessary to register for an urgent consultation with a gynecologist. Any delay in treatment can cause a chronic form of the disease and a number of serious complications.